- Departments / Centres
With the advancement of computing technologies, different software play a pivotal role in addressing and solving scientific problems. The objective of the workshop is to familiarize the participants with various software currently used in mathematics and statistics. Additionally, several typesetting softwares have also gained importance in mathematics research. This workshop welcomes a wide-ranging discussion and hands on practice on such softwares which help solve real-life problems.
Hands on training on different software in mathematics and statistics. Lectures include but are not limited to the following themes:
|R - software||MATLAB|
1. Dr. Anurag Singh, CMI Chennai
2. Dr. Arnab Koley, Department of Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques, IIM Indore
3. Dr. Kamalika Roy, Department of Mathematics, NIT Tiruchirappalli
4. Dr. P. Kaushik, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Tiruchirappalli
5. Dr. S. Marisamynathan, Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Tiruchirappalli
6. Dr. Pratibhamoy Das, Department of Mathematics, IIT Patna
7. Dr. V. Ravichandran, Department of Mathematics, NIT Tiruchirappalli
8. Dr. P. Saikrishnan, Department of Mathematics, NIT Tiruchirappalli
9. Dr. Satyajit Pramanik, Department of Mathematics, IIT Gandhinagar
Workshop will be administered via online video conferencing by Cisco WebEx platform. For schedule of the programme and for regular updates, please visit the workshop webpage. (Tentative Schedule)
Upon successful completion of the workshop, electronic certificate will be sent to the participants with a minimum of 80% attendance in their registered email.
|Academic Category||Amount (in ₹)|
|UG / PG Students||300|
|Faculty / Post Doc / Others||500|
Note: Registration fee should be paid using SBI-I-Collect only. The payment for the registration includes GST and other taxes.
Registration fee is non-refundable.
Interested UG students can pay the fees under "PG students" category.
|Registration starts on||5th July, 2021|
|Registration ends on||31st July, 2021|
1. Go to the SBI – collect using the link https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/
2. Select the state as ‘Tamil Nadu’, and category as ‘Educational Institutions’.
3. Select “conference and workshop NIT Trichy”.
4. Select payment category as “SMS - MATHS – 2021” and fill the details.
5. Make payment through UPI / Net Banking / Credit card / Debit card / NEFT.
6. Once fee is paid, download the fee payment receipt in pdf format.
7. To complete the registration, fill up your details and upload the payment receipt in the google registration form https://forms.gle/choq5KeXE2wSRyVL8
For any clarifications, please write us to email@example.com or call
Dr. JITRAJ SAHA (Convener)
Dr. VAMSINADH THOTA (Coordinator)
Department of Mathematics
NIT - Tiruchirappalli