QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND MAINTENANCE
- Control Charts-Quality- basic concepts- concepts of control charts-types of control charts- and R charts - p charts- c charts.
- Acceptance Sampling-Acceptance sampling-concepts of sampling-constructing operating characteristics curve-single, double multiple and sequential sampling plans.
- Quality Systems-Quality systems- principles - certification and accreditation schemes Development of quality circles -Process of total quality management and Taguchi’s method.
- Reliability- mean time between failures (MTBF)-mean time to failure (MTTF) Failure data analysis.
- Maintenance Planning& Condition Based Maintenance-on - load and off-level monitoring-methods of condition monitoring.
- Govil, "Reliability Engineering", Tata McGraw Hill Co., New Delhi, 1983
- Srimath, "Concepts of Reliability", Affiliated East-West Pvt. Ltd., 1975.
- Kelly & Harris, "Management of Industrial Maintenance", Newres Butterworth, 1978