RESOURCE MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES PRE-REQUISITE: Nil Faculty:Dr. A. Noorul Haq
OBJECTIVE : To expose the student to Optimising Techniques for managing the resources.
1. LINEAR PROGRAMMING (8)
graphical method - simplex method - big M method - Two-phase method - introduction to duality theory
2. TRANSPORTATION & ASSIGNMENT MODELS (8)
Mathematical model for Transportation problem –balanced and unbalanced problem –Assignment problem.
3. QUEUING THEORY & SIMULATION (8)
applications of queuing model -single and multi server model.
4. DECISION THEORY AND REPLACEMENT ANALYSIS (8)
5. PROJECT SCHEDULING (8)
project network - determination of critical path, project duration and slack time calculation - Cost considerations in project scheduling.
1. Gupta andHira, "roblemsonoperations research", S.Chand &Co.Ltd.,NewDelhi) 1991.
1. Gupta and Hira, "Problems on operations research", S.Chand & Co.Ltd., New Delhi, 1991.
2. Taha H.A., "Operations research", Prentice – Hall of India, New Delhi,2001.
3. Panneerselvam ,R, "Operations Research", Prentice – Hall of India, New Delhi,2002.