COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING OF MACHINE ELEMENTS PRE-REQUISITE: Knowledge on Engineering Graphics and AutoCAD.
Faculty: Dr. P.Asokan
OBJECTIVE: After completing this course, a student will be familiar with drafting of the machine parts and assembles using drafting package.
1. CONVENTIONS (8)
Understand drafting package and practice with regard to parts and assemblies
2. Code of practice for engineering drawing methods of dimensioning
3. TOLERANCE AND SURFACE FINISH REPRESENTATIONS (9)
Limits, fits and tolerances - calculation of minimum and maximum clearances and allowances, surface finish symbols
4. FASTENERS AND JOINTS (8)
Types of fasteners and joints - practices.
5. PART DRAWING PRACTICE (8)
Flange coupling - Plummer block - wall bracket - universal coupling - locomotive piston - stuffing box - cross head
6. ASSEMBLY DRAWING PRACTICE (10)
I. Gopalalmshna, K. R., "machine Drawing", Subhas stores, Bangalore, Second edition, 1994.
1. Varghese, P. l.and John, K..C., "Machine Drawing", Jovast Publishers, 1993.
2. BIS, "SP: 46 - 1988 - Engineering Drawing Practice for Schools & Colleges", 1992.
3. Faculty of Mechanical engineering , PSG College of Technology, "Design Data Book", M/s.DPV Printers, Coimbatore, 1993.