- Departments / Centres
Email Id: email@example.com
Dr. Prakash Kumar joined NIT Tiruchirappalli in May 2020 and presently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Production Engineering. Previously he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Production Engineering BIT Mesra From January 2018 to May 2020. He holds a B.Tech in Production Engineering from BIT Sindri (2006-2010). He obtained his M.Tech and Ph.D. degree from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) in 2010-2012 and 2013-18 respectively in the area of Machine Design.
His research interest includes Vibration and control, Nonlinear dynamics, Structural dynamics, Modelling of human induced force, Energy harvesting, Magnetorheological Elastomer/ damper, welding and casting. Dr. Kumar is an associate member of the Institution of Engineers (India) and a member of IAENG.
BIT Mesra, Ranchi
Assistant Professor in Production Engineering Department
Assistant Professor in Production Engineering Department
May 2020-Till Now
1. Prakash Kumar, Anil Kumar, Vitomir Racic and Silvano Erlicher “Modelling vertical human walking forces using self-sustained oscillator” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 99 (2018), pp: 345-363, ISSN: 0888-3270, [SCI, IF: 5.005] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2017.06.014.
2. Prakash Kumar, Anil Kumar and Silvano Erlicher “A nonlinear oscillator model to generate lateral walking force on a rigid flat surface” International Journal of structural stability and dynamics, Vol. 18, No. 2 (2018) 1850020 (31 pages), ISSN: 0219-4554, [SCI E, IF: 2.156] https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219455418500207.
3. Prakash Kumar, Anil Kumar and Silvano Erlicher “” Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, Vol. 358, (2017), pp. 1-14, ISSN: 0167-2789, [ SCI, IF: 1.810] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physd.2017.07.008.
4. Prakash Kumar, Anil Kumar and Vitomir Racic “Modelling of longitudinal human walking force using self-sustained oscillator” International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, Vol. 18, No. 6 (2018) 1850080 (29 pages). ISSN: 0219-4554, [SCI E, IF: 2.156] https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219455418500803 .
5. Vikas Verma, Prakash Kumar, Kamal Kumar Mittal, Sandeep Chauhan and P.C. Tewari, “Microstructure and mechanical behavior characterization of Al-Al2O3 MMC processed by DIMOX and Al-Al2O3/MnO2 MMC processed via stir casting route” International Journal of Materials Engineering Innovation, Vol. no. 7 (3/4), (2016), pp. 219-235, ISSN: 1757-2762 [Scopus] https://doi.org/10.1504/IJMATEI.2016.084626 .
6. Chandan Pandey, Manas Mohan Mahapatra, Pradeep Kumar, Prakash Kumar and J. G. Thakare, “Characterization of weld fusion zone for TIG welded P91 and P92 steels” Archives of Metallurgy and Materials, Vol. no 63 (4), (2018), pp. 1755-1761, ISSN:1733-3490 [SCI E, IF: 0.697], https://doi.org/10.24425/amm.2018.125102.
7. Chandan Pandey, M. M. Mahapatra, P. Kumar, N. Saini, J. G. Thakre and Prakash Kumar, “Grain refinement of P91 steel using double austenitization treatment” Materials Performance and Characterization, Vol. no. 7 (1), (2018), pp. 445-455, ISSN: 2379-1365, [E SCI] https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20180094.
8. Chandan Pandey, M. M. Mahapatra, P. Kumar, Prakash Kumar, N. Saini, J. G. Thakre and S. Kumar “Study on effect of double austenitization treatment on fracture morphology tensile tested nuclear grade P92 steel” Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. no. 96, (2019), pp. 158-167, ISSN: 1350-6307, [SCI, IF: 2.203] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2018.09.036.
9. C Pandey, JG Thakare, P Tharaphadar, P Kumar, A Gupta, S Sirohi “Characterization of the soft zone in dissimilar welds joint of 2.25 Cr-1Mo and lean duplex LDX2101 steel” Fusion Engineering and Design Vol. no. 163, (2021), pp. 112147, ISSN: 0920-3796, [SCI, IF: 1.692] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fusengdes.2020.112147
10. C. Pandey, Naveen Kumar, S. Sirohi, T. Rajasekaran, S. Kumar, and P. Kumar “Study on the Effect of the Grain Refinementbon Mechanical Properties of the P92 Welded Joint” Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, In Press (2022) ISSN: 1059-9495, [SCI, IF: 1.819]https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-021-06536-z.
11. S. Sirohi, A. Sauraw, A. Kumar, S. Kumar, T. Rajasekaran, P. Kumar, R. S. Vidyarthy, N. Kumar, and C. Pandey “Characterization of Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Cr-Mo Grade P22/P91 Steel Dissimilar Welds for Super-Critical Power Plant Application” Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Accepted, (2022) ISSN: 1059-9495, [SCI, IF: 1.819] https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-022-06747-y.
1. Prakash Kumar and Anil Kumar, “Modelling of Lateral Human Walking Force by Self-sustained Oscillator”, 12th International Conference on Vibration Problems (ICOVP-2015), IIT Guwahati, December 14-17, 2015, published in Procedia Engineering, Vol-144, (2016), pp-945-952, ISSN: 1877-7058, [Scopus] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2016.05.121
2. Manoj Kumar Sethi, Prakash Kumar and Anil Kumar, “Transient Vibration Reduction of a Powertrain Using MRE Based Adaptive Tuned Vibration Absorber”, 12th International Conference on Vibration Problems (ICOVP-2015), IIT Guwahati, December 14-17, 2015, published in Procedia Engineering, Vol-144, (2016), pp-689-696, ISSN: 1877-7058, [Scopus] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2016.05.068.
3. Prakash Kumar and Anil Kumar, “Materials for energy harvesting from Ambient Vibration: A literature review”, 23rd International Conference on Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials: XXIII (PFAM-23 2014)- IIT Roorkee, December 5-7, 2014, Edited by Inderdeep Singh, Pradeep Kumar Jha and T.S. Srivatsan, published in Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials: XXIII, Vol 2 , IK International Publishing House Pvt Ltd., New Delhi, 2014, ISBN: 978-93-84588-18-2, pp-1216-1234.
4. Manoj Kumar Sethi, Prakash Kumar and Anil Kumar, " MRE based Adaptive Tuned Vibration Absorber for power train transient vibration reduction", International Conference on Advances in Dynamics, Vibration and Control (ICADVC-2016) - NIT Durgapur, February 25 – 27, 2016, Edited by- Nirmal Baran Hui and Atul Krishna Banik, published in Advances in Dynamics, Vibration and Control, Narosa publishing house, New Delhi, 2016, ISBN: 978-81-8487-550-8, pp-111-116.
5. Prakash Kumar and Anil Kumar, “Human induced vibration in structures”, National Conference on “Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering” RAME – 2013, October 05-06, 2013. Published in International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research, Special Issue, Vol. 1, No. 1, January 2014, pp 44-54, ISSN: 2278 – 0149, [Scopus from 2016].
6. Prakash Kumar, Anoop Kumar Godara and Anil Kumar, “Serviceability Analysis of a Footbridge Subjected to Pedestrian Walking” 1st International Conference on Future Learning Aspects of Mechanical Engineering (FLAME - 2018), Amity University Noida, October 3rd – 5th, 2018, Edited by A. Prasad et al., Advances in Engineering Design, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, 2019, ISBN: 978-981-13-6468-6, pp-405-413. [Scopus] https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6469-3_36.
7. Shailesh Kumar Dewangan, Prakash Kumar, S. K. Jha, “Optimization of Quality and Productivity of WEDM by Using L9 Orthogonal Array” 1st International Conference on Future Learning Aspects of Mechanical Engineering (FLAME - 2018), Amity University Noida, October 3rd – 5th, 2018. Edited by- K Shanker et al., published in Advances in Industrial and Production Engineering, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, 2019, ISBN 978-981-13-6412-9, pp-93-100. [Scopus] https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6412-9_9.
8. Prakash Kumar, Anil Kumar, Chandan Pandey, Shailesh Dewangan, Sanjay K. Jha, “Materials for Energy Harvesting with a Nonlinear Energy Sink: A Literature Review” In proceedings 2nd International Conference on Processing and Characterization of Materials (ICPCM-2019), NIT Rourkela December 12-14, 2019, Materials Today: Proceeding Vol 33 (8) (2020) pp 5632-5637 [Scopus]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.03.795.
9. Prakash Kumar, Shailesh Dewangan, Chandan Pandey, “Analysis of surface integrity and dimensional accuracy in EDM” In proceedings 2nd International Conference on Processing and Characterization of Materials (ICPCM-2019), NIT Rourkela December 12-14, 2019, Materials Today: Proceeding Vol 33 (8) (2020) pp 5378-5383 [Scopus]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.03.119.
10. Nitish Kaushik, Prakash Kumar, Joyjeet Ghose, Sanjay K Jha, “Study of Mechanical Properties of Al2014-B4C-Gr Hybrid Nano Composite” In proceedings 2nd International Conference on Processing and Characterization of Materials (ICPCM-2019), NIT Rourkela December 12-14, 2019, Materials Today: Proceeding Vol 33 (8) (2020) pp 5573-5576 [Scopus]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.03.560.
11. S.Sirohi, P.Kumar, A. Gupta, S.Kumar, C.Pandey “Role of Ni-based filler on charpy impact toughness of the P91 welds joint” International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization, IIT Indore , October 6-9 2020, Materials Today: Proceeding Vol 44 (8) (2021) pp 1043-1049 [Scopus] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.11.177
12. Sachin Sirohi, P. K. Taraphdar, Prakash Kumar, Chandan Pandey “A study on residual stress distribution in welded joint of P91 and SS304H steel plate” 2nd international conference on recent advances in manufacturing (RAM-2021), SVNIT Surat, June 10-12 2021. In: Dave H.K., Dixit U.S., Nedelcu D. (eds), Recent Advances in Manufacturing Processes and Systems, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, (2022) pp:1-10, [Scopus], https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-7787-8_1
Dr. Prakash Kumar
Department of Production Engineering
National Institute of Technology
Tiruchirappalli- 620 015
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com