- Ph.D - National Institute of Technology Warangal, January 2018
- M.E (Power Systems Engineering) - College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University, Chennai, 2012.
- B. E (EEE)- Krishnasamy College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore, Anna university Chennai, 2010.
- Nov. 2019- May 2020: Assistant Professor (Regular position) in the Department of Electrical Engineering at NIT Andhra Pradesh, Tadepalligudem, Andhra Pradesh.
- July 2019- Nov. 2019: Faculty on contract in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at NIT Puducherry, Karaikkal.
- Jan. 2018- May 2019: Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Vaagdevi College of Engineering, Warangal, Telangana.
- July 2012- July 2013: Faculty on contract in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at NIT Puducherry, Karaikkal.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
- Gold medalist in the department of EEE at Krishnasamy College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore in 2006-2010 batch.
- Planning studies in active distribution network
- Demand side Management
- Application of evolutionary algorithms in multi-objective problem domain.
- Control and management of microgrid operations.
- OPF studies on transmission system.
- S. Kayalvizhi and D.M. Vinod Kumar, “Optimal planning of active distribution networks with hybrid Distributed Energy Resources using Grid-based Multi-objective Harmony Search Algorithm”, Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier, Vol. 69, pp.387-398, 2018.
- S. Kayalvizhi and D.M. Vinod Kumar, “Load Frequency Control of an Isolated Microgrid using Fuzzy Adaptive Model Predictive Control”, IEEE Access, Vol. 5, pp. 16241-16251, 2017.
- S. Kayalvizhi and D.M. Vinod Kumar, “Distributed Generation Planning using Peer enhanced Multi-Objective Teaching-Learning based Optimization in Distribution Networks”, Institution of Engineers (India), Springer, Vol. 98, no.2, pp.203-211, 2017.
- S. Kayalvizhi and D.M. Vinod Kumar, “Planning of Autonomous Microgrid with Energy Storage using Grid-based Multi-Objective Harmony Search Algorithm”, International Journal of Power and Energy Systems, ACTA Press, Vol. 37, no. 1, 2017.
- S. Kayalvizhi and D.M. Vinod Kumar, “Frequency Control of Microgrid with wind perturbations using Levy walks with Spider Monkey Optimization Algorithm”, International Journal of Renewable Energy Research-IJRER, Vol.7, no.1, pp.146-156, 2017.
- S. Kayalvizhi and D.M. Vinod Kumar, “Dispatchable DG Planning in Distribution Network Considering cost” IEEE International conference on Recent Development in Control, Automation and Power Engineering (RDCAPE’15), Mar’2015. at Amity University, UP.
- S. Kayalvizhi and D.M. Vinod Kumar, “Optimal Operation of Autonomous micro grid for minimization of energy loss, cost and voltage deviation”, IEEE Workshop on Computational Intelligence: Theories, application and future directions, Dec 2015 at IIT Kanpur.
- S. Kayalvizhi and R. P. Kumudini Devi ,“Aggregation of Fixed Speed Wind Turbine Generators for Load Flow and Dynamic Analysis” International Conference on Computing and Communication Technology, May 30th 2012 in Immanuel Arasar JJ College of Engineering, Marthandam, Nagercoil, Tamilnadu.
- S. Kayalvizhi and D.M. Vinod kumar, “Stochastic Optimal Power Flow In Presence Of Wind Generations Using Harmony Search Algorithm”, NPSC 2018 , NIT Trichy, India.
Google Scholar Link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=QoN5dTsAAAAJ&hl=en
Power System Operation and Control, Electrical Distribution System, Measurement and Instrumentation, Applied Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Methods in Power systems, Advanced Power System Analysis, Power System Dynamics (PG),Power System Simulation lab (PG).
Dr. S. KAYALVIZHI
Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org