- Departments / Centres
Filter banks-uniform filter bank. direct and DFT approaches. Introduction to ADSL Modem. Discrete multitone modulation and its realization using DFT. QMF.STFT.Computation of DWT using filter banks.
DDFS- ROM LUT approach. Spurious signals, jitter. Computation of special functions using CORDIC. Vector and rotation mode of CORDIC.CORDIC architectures.
Block diagram of a software radio. Digital down converters and demodulators Universal modulator and demodulator using CORDIC. Incoherent demodulation - digital approach for I and Q generation, special sampling schemes. CIC filters. Residue number system and high speed filters using RNS. Down conversion using discrete Hilbert transform. Under sampling receivers, Coherent demodulation schemes.
Concept of Cognitive Radio, Beneﬁts of Using SDR, Problems Faced by SDR, Cognitive Networks,
Cognitive Radio Architecture. Cognitive Radio Design, Cognitive Engine Design,
A Basic OFDM System Model, OFDM based cognitive radio, Cognitive OFDM Systems, MIMO channel estimation, Multi-band OFDM, MIMO-OFDM synchronization and frequency offset estimation. Spectrum Sensing to detect Speciﬁc Primary System, Spectrum Sensing for Cognitive OFDMA Systems.
1. J. H. Reed, “Software Radio”, Pearson, 2002.
2. U. Meyer – Baese , “Digital Signal Processing with FPGAs”, Springer, 2004.
3. H. Arslan “Cognitive Radio, Software Defined Radio and Adaptive Wireless Systems”, University of
South Florida, USA, Springer, 2007.
1. S. K. Mitra, “Digital Signal processing”, McGrawHill, 1998
2. K.C.Chen, R.Prasad , “Cognitive Radio Networks” , Wiley, 2009-06-15.
3. T. W. Rondeau, C.W.Bostian, “Artificial Intelligence in Wireless Communications” ,2009.
4. Tusi, “Digital Techniques for Wideband receivers”, Artech House, 2001.
5. T. DarcChiueh, P. Yun Tsai,” OFDM baseband receiver design for wireless communications”,
Students are able to
CO1: gain knowledge on multirate systems.
CO2: develop the ability to analyze, design, and implement any application using FPGA.
CO3: be aware of how signal processing concepts can be used for efficient FPGA based system design.
CO4: understand the rapid advances in Cognitive radio technologies.
CO5: explore DDFS, CORDIC and its application.