- Urban Transportation Planning Process & Concepts- Role of transportation - Transportation problems - Urban travel characteristics - Concept of travel demand - Demand function - demand estimation - Sequential, recursive and simultaneous processes
- Trip Generation Analysis - Zoning - Types and sources of data - Expansion factors - Accuracy checks - Trip generation models - Zonal models - Category analysis - Household models - Trip attractions of work centers.
- Trip Distribution Analysis - Trip distribution models - Growth factor models - Gravity models - Opportunity models.
- Mode Split Analysis - Mode split analysis - Mode choice behaviour, Competing modes, Mode split curves, Probabilistic models.
- Route Split Analysis - Route split analysis: Elements of transportation networks, coding - minimum path trees, all-or-nothing assignment.
- Hutchinson B.G., Principles of Urban Transportation System Planning, McGraw Hill 2. Bruton M.J., Introduction to Transportation Planning, Hutchinson