TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING - II
- Railway Engineering - Location surveys and alignment - construction of railway lines - Permanent way – Gauges- Geometric design
- Track Junctions-Points and crossings - types and functions - design and layout - simple problems - Railway stations and yards. Signaling and interlocking - control systems of train movements.
- Airport Engineering-aircraft characteristics- Airport obstructions and zoning- runway-Taxiways and aprons- Terminal area planning
- Docks and Harbour- Types- - layout and planning principles- breakwaters - docks- wharves and quays - Transit sheds- warehouses- navigation aids.
- Urban transportation systems - Bus transit - Mass Rapid Transit System - Light Rail Transit.
- Khanna, S.K. and Arora, M.G. Airport Planning and Design, Nemchand and Bros.
- Oza and Oza, Elements of Dock and Harbour Engineering, Charotar Publishing House, 1992.
- M.M. Agarwal, Railway Engineering, Prabha & Co.