Dr. (Mrs.) L.Cindrella
- Solar selective coatings
- Fuel cell components
- Conducting polymers
- Zeolite based materials
- Lecturer, Regional Engineering College (REC), Trichy, India.
- Senior Lecturer, REC, Trichy, India.
- Assistant Professor, REC (renamed as NIT in 2004), Trichy, India.
- Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy, India.
- Professor, NIT, Trichy, India. Jul.2009-Apr.2019
- Professor (HAG), NIT, Trichy, India. Since May 2019
Ph.D. Programmes guided
Guided (6) students
Ongoing Ph.D. Programmes
Ongoing Ph.D. students (8)
M.Sc. Projects guided/co-guided
Guided(56), ongoing students (3)
M.Tech. Projects guided/co-guided
M.Phil. Projects guided
Recent 10 Publications:
- R. Venkatesan, L. Cindrella, Semiconductive poly[N1,N4-bis(thiophen-2-ylmethylene)benzene-1,4- diamine]-nickel oxide nanocomposite based ethanol sensor J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 135, DOI: 10.1002/APP.45918, 2018.
- Vinodha Ganesan, Cindrella Louis, Shima Porumpathparambil Damodaran, Graphene oxide-wrapped magnetite nanoclusters: A recyclable functional hybrid for fast and highly efficient removal of organic dyes from wastewater, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 6, 2176–2190, 2018.
- Vinodha Ganesan, Cindrella Louis, Shima Porumpathparambil Damodaran, Novel Nanofluids Based on Magnetite Nanoclusters and Investigation on Their Cluster Size-Dependent Thermal Conductivity, J. Phys. Chem. C, 122, 6918−6929, 2018.
- S. Prabhu, L. Cindrella, Oh Joong Kwon and K. Mohanraju, Photoelectrochemical and photocatalytic activity of TiO2-WO3 heterostructures boosted by mutual interaction, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 88, 10-19, 2018.
- R. Venkatesan, L. Cindrella, Methyl substituted, azine bridged thiophenes and their structure related surface characteristics, Synthetic Metals, 246, 150-163, 2018.
- Aneesiya K Rajan, L.Cindrella, Studies on new natural dye sensitizers from Indigofera tinctoria in dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Optical Materials, 88, 39-47, 2019.
- G. Vinodha, P. D. Shima, L. Cindrella, Mesoporous magnetite nanoparticle-decorated graphene oxide nanosheets for efficient electrochemical detection of hydrazine, Journal of Materials Science, 54 (5), 4073-4088, 2019.
- S. Prabhu, L. Cindrella, Oh Joong Kwon and K. Mohanraju, Photoelectrochemical, photocatalytic and photochromic performance of rGO-TiO2-WO3 composites, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 224, 217-228, 2019.
- Aneesiya K Rajan, L.Cindrella, Ameliorating the photovoltaic conversion efficiency of ZnO nanorod based dye sensitized solar cells by Strontium doping, Superlattices and Microstructures 128, 14-22, 2019.
- Vinodha Ganesan, B.B. Lahiri, Cindrella Louis, John Philip, Shima P. Damodaran, Size-controlled synthesis of superparamagnetic magnetite nanoclusters for heat generation in an alternating magnetic field, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 281, 315-323, 2019.
Membership in professional societies:
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
- Life member of Indian Society for Electro Analytical Chemistry (ISEAC).
- Life Member of Society for Advancement of Electrochemical Sc. & Tech. (SAEST).
- Life Member of the Chemical Research Society of India.
Professional Recognition,Awards,Fellowships received:
- Honorary appointment to the Research Board of Advisors, The American Biographical Institute, 2004.
- Technical Cooperation Training Fellowship (TCT) under the UK-INDIA RECs project and specialized on “Chemical Storage of Solar Energy”, at the University of Salford , England, during Jan.1997 - Jul.1997.
- Qualified in UGC, NET examination in 1986 and was awarded UGC, JRF during 1.8.1987 - 31.7.1990 and UGC, SRF during 1.8.1990 - 31.7.1992.
- I rank holder and Gold Medalist in M.Sc., 1986.
- GRI Merit scholarship in the M.Sc. Course, during 1985 - 1986.
- I Rank holder in Certificate course in Computer Programming (1986).
- Prize for proficiency in Chemistry in B.Sc. (1984).
- National Merit Scholarship at the Secondary stage for talented Children, during 1977- 1981.
Dr. (Mrs.) L. Cindrella
Department of Chemistry
National Institute of Technology
Phone: Off: +91-431 2503634
Detailed Resume: Click Here
Personal external website: http://drcindrella07.wix.com/lcindrella