- Departments / Centres
FACULTY MEMBER : Prof.N. ANANTHARAMAN / Dr (Mrs).K.M.MEERA.S.BEGUM
This course deals with fundamentals of mass transfer and some of its applications like humidification drying and crystallization operations.
Diffusion in fluids: Molecular and eddy diffusion measurement and calculation of diffusivities. Ordinary diffusion in multi-component gaseous mixtures. Diffusion in solids.
2. AIR POLLUTION:
Sources of air pollution - Effects of air pollution on the environment, on materials, on human health, on animals. Analytical methods, equipments for control of air pollution. Measurement of air pollutants.
3. WATER POLLUTION:
Sources of water pollution - Effects of water pollution - Control of water pollution and treatment methods for effluent water. Measurement of BOD and COD.
4. NOISE POLLUTION AND ODOUR CONTROL:
Sources of noise pollution - noise control criteria, noise exposure index. Control of noise pollution. Odour and its control.
1. M. N. Rao and H. V .N. Rao, "Air pollution", Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 1989.
2. C. S .Rao , "Environment Pollution Control and Environmental Engg.", Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 1994.
1. A.C. Stern," Air Pollution - Engineering Control of Air Pollution", Vol IV, 3rd Edn., 1977.
2. J. O .M. Bockris, "Environmental Chemistry", 1977.