Pre-requisite: CA 703
To learn the leadership skills and group behavior.
History of Management - The human relations movement - The Hawthorne studies - Models
for organizational behavior – Management concepts.
Foundations of Individual Behavior - Personality – Meaning and development - Major
determinants of Personalityand Values -Theories of Personality – Perception and Individual
Decision Making – sensation versus perception - Stress – Causes and effect of job stress -
coping strategies for stress.
Foundations of Group Behavior - Understanding Work Teams - Communication - Basic
Approaches to Leadership - Contemporary Issues in Leadership – MotivationConcepts -
Motivation From Concepts to Applications –Work motivation – Attitude and Job Satisfaction
- Power and Politics - Job design - Goal setting
Conflicts - Individual conflict, Interpersonal conflict, Inter-group conflict– Conflict
Resolution - Negotiation
Foundations of Organization Structure - Organizational Culture – Organizational Dynamics
1. Stephen P. Robbins , Timothy A. Judge, “Organizational Behavior”, 14th Edition, Pearson
2. Robert Kreitner, Angelo Kinicki, “Organizational Behavior”, 8th Edition, McGrawHill,2007.
3. Fred Luthans, "Organizational Behavior", McGraw Hill, 1997.
4. Keith Davis, "Human behavior at work: Human relations and Organizational Behavior",
Tata McGraw Hill, 1982.
5. Rudrabasavaraj M.N. “Dynamic personnel Administration”, 3rdEdition,Himalaya
Publishing House, 2011.
Students will be able to:
1. Identify their personality type and behavioral pattern
2. Identify the basic skills of leadership
3. Apply the principles of conflict resolution and learn about group behavior
4. Adapt to the organization culture, structure and dynamics