- Ph.D (Physics), Pondicherry University, India.
- M.Sc. (Physics), Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, India.
- B.Sc. (Physics main with Mathematics & Chemistry subsidiaries), University of Madras, India.
Post doctoral experience
- Raman Spectroscopy of nanomaterials (Metal oxide, Graphene, Graphene Oxide)
- Investigations on linear and nonlinear optical properties of Nanomaterials
- Electron Energy transfer phenomena in nanocomposite –dye doped polymer systems.
- Ultrafast electron dynamics nanoparticles (Pump -probe and Time resolved spectroscopy)
- FRET and NSET based Optical Sensors based on Graphene and Graphene Oxide
- Corroison and Corrosion inhibition studies through Physical and NDT Techniques
- SYNTHESIS AND EXCITON DYNAMICS STUDY ON SEMICONDUCTOR QUANTUM DOT NANOCOMPOSITE POLYMERS
Department of Science and Technology (DST- FAST Track)- 20.4 Lakhs
2. OPTICAL POWER LIMITING STUDIES ON Ag AND Cu NANO WIRE COMPOSITE GLASSES
Defense Research and Development Organisation- 48.32 Lakhs
3. SYNTHESIS, EXCITON AND PHONON PROPERTIES OF NIO NANOTUBE COMPOSITE POLYMER FILMS
Council ofScientific and Industrial Research- 15 lakhs
2) 2009-Department of Science and Technology (DST), Young Scientist Fellowship
1) 2007-Japan Society for the Promotion of Scince (JSPS) fellowship
Short term courses organized
- Short term course on Postgraduate level physics problem solving, Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli during 2013.
- Short term course on “Optical and Ultrasonic methods in NDE”, Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli during 16-20, Oct. 2013.
- Short-term course on Waves and Oscillations in Science & Technology, Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (October 7 – 8, 2014)
- National workshop on Future Non destructive Technologies, Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (September 15 & 16, 2016)
Short term courses attended
- Induction Training program on “INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN AND DELIVERY” 07 To 12-07-2008 Indian Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research, Chennai
- Two week ISTE workshop on THERMODYNAMICS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING ,IIT –BOMBAY 14TH TO 24TH JUNE 2011
- FDP ON Advanced nanomaterials- Process, Characterization and Applications 6 to 12 July 2011, NIT-Calicut
- “Optical nonlinearity and excited electron dynamics in noble metal nanoparticles” Indo – French workshop on Laser Physics and Quantum Optics held in Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, 2006
- “Light and metallic nanoparticles”- Invited Lecture- International Conference on Photonics, Nanotechnology and Computer Applications, 25-28 Feb 2009, PRIST University.
- “Light and nanomaterials”- Invited Lecture -International Conference on wave & Materials Science 23rd Aug. 2010. St. Josephs College of Arts and Science, Cuddalore.
Number of Ph.D guided: 3
- Dr. T. Pandiyarajan, 2013
- Dr.R. Udhayabaskar 2015
- Dr. S. Muthumariappan 2017
- S. Hariharan
- Neena Prasad
- I. Abdul Rasheed (Part Time -DRDO)
- C. Madhumitha
- R. Venkadesh Kumar
- Anoop Sunny
S. Aravidth (M.S in NDT)
PG Dessertations guided
M. Tech Students - 22
M.Sc Students - 22
International Students guided
1. Mr Jean-Loup NOËL, ENSMA, France as a summer Internship student
2. Mr. Mortin Morget , ENSMA, France as a summer Internship student