M.B.A.(MMB101- BUSINESS COMMUNICATION)
Faculty member: Dr.Meenakshi Sundaram
- Enable the students express their thought effectively in the written and spoken media.
- Help them master business communication, The course will provide the students with better communication skills related to management, marketing and sales.
- COMMUNICATIVE-CONCEPTS & GOALS(6)
Need for communication in business-Personal & Organisatonal concepts goals- Its functions and limitations- communication networks - Hierarchy of communication-cost of communication.
- LISTENING COMPREHENSION(6)
LIstening skills-Listening with a purpose- Listening for information and criticism- Anticipating the speaker- Barriers to listening- Note taking practice.
- BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE(6)
Business Corresondence- Types of letters- Tone and format. Inter office memo-(IOM)- Its uses- Types of IOM.
Sales language-features-use of 'you' tone language of advertisement Creativity and appeal-reinforcing & recall factors- Advertisement layout Brouchers:their design and uses.
- REPORT WRITING(6)
Reports-Reader-Writer relationship-Reader profile-different levels of readers-tone of a report-classification of reports- Written and Oral reports- data collection procedures- primary and secondary data.
Organisation of a report-point of view in a report-outline and plan-Executive summary and abstract-use of charts,graphs,etc., How to read reports.
Circulars and notices- their role in an organisation. Preparation of an agenda- Its need and functions in a meeting- Minutes of a meeting- Its role and importance.
- ORAL COMMUNICATION(6)
Extempore speaking practice - Public speaking practice- persuasive speech skills- Group Discussions practice- Group Dynamics.
- Atkinson, "Business Writing and Procedures",Reynolds American Book Co.
- Himstreet, "Business Communications", Baty wodsworth Publishing Co.
- Patrick Hanks and Jin Covbett, "Business Listening Tasks", Cambridge University Press,1994.
- Stony Lyuch & Kennethg Anderrson, "Study Speaking",Cambridge, 1994.
- Sharron Bower, "Painless Public Speaking", Thoorsons Publishing Co.,1990.
- Hamplysons & Ben Heasley, "Study Writing", Cambridge, 1989.
- Sharma R.C. & Krishna Mohan, "Business Correspondence & Report Writing", Tata McGraw Hill,1986.
- Althreya,A.N., "Modern Correspondence",MMC School of Management,1972.