- B.Arch, Mangalore University, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- M.Arch, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Ph.D National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- Associate Professor, Department of Architecture,National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 620 015, since 2022
- Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture,National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 620 015, from 2010 - 2022
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Architecture, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 620 015, from 2005 - 2010
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture, Regional Engineering College , Tiruchirappalli - 620 015, from May 1999 -2005.
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture with PERIYAR MANIAMMAI COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY FOR WOMEN – THANJAVUR from August 1997 to April 1999
- Architect with M/s. Vadivam, Chennai – 1995 – 1997
- Interior Design of Department of Training & Placement- REC Trichy
- Principal Designer for the following projects at NIT Trichy
- Orion - Lecture Hall Complex
- CSG Annexe - 2 Central Computing Facility
- Training and Placement Department
- Shopping Complex
- Conversion of Lecture hall (LH9) to Virtual Classroom
- Assisted EMD in many Refurbishment projects
- Interior Design Works for NIT, Warangal
- Vertical and Horizontal expansion of Architecture Building
- Canteen and Retail Sales outlet for TANUVAS, Orathandu
- Research and Devlopment Block for TWAD, Trichy
- Project House for TWAD, Thanjavur
- Obtained the grant of Rs.9.0 lakhs under MODROBS 2002-2003, for Project “Advanced Architectural Design Computing Media Laboratory” and served as its Project Coordinator.
- Instrumental in establishing computer Laboratory in the Department of Architecture.
- Assisted in the Preparation of Annual Plan Reports by Submitting Proposals for Augmenting Computer Facilities.
- In-Charge of Computer Laboratories and Facilities in the Department of Architecture.
- Organized Autodesk REVIT Training Workshop for Faculty of Department of Architecture in May 2008.
- Member of Quality Assurance Committee for Estate Maintenance – Institute Zone (March 2007 to April 2008)
- Member of Estate Works & Maintenance committee – Institute Zone ( from 5th May 2008)
- Associate Dean - Planning and Development (from December 2017)
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL CONFERENCE ATTENDED
- Attended an International symposium on Studies on Historical Heritage at Antalya, Turkey from September 17th to 21st 2007
- Attended 22nd lAPS -International conference at Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK from June 24-29, 2012
- Attended 23rd International Seminar on Urban Form, Nanjing University , Nanjing , China from July 07-10,2016
- Amalan Sigmund Kaushik, S., Gopalakrishnan, P., Subbaiyan, G. (2023). User Perception Study of Pedestrian Comfort Including Thermal Effects in an Educational Campus. In: Devi, L., Asaithambi, G., Arkatkar, S., Verma, A. (eds) Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference of Transportation Research Group of India . CTRG 2021. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 272. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-3494-0_17
- Tarun Verma & Padmanaban Gopalakrishnan (2021), Daylighting Evaluation and Retrofit Strategies: A Simulation-Based Approach to Optimise the Artificial Lighting Consumption , A. Chakrabarti et al. (eds.), Design for Tomorrow–Volume 2, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies 222, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-0119-4_75931
- Nuthana Manoharan & Padmanaban Gopalakrishnan (2022) “Influence of pavement materials on pedestrians: Extent of impact on simulated, measured and perceived parameters” PLEA Conference SANTIAGO 2022 “’Will Cities Survive?”
- Tarun Verma & Padmanaban Gopalakrishnan (2020) "Occupants' Perception versus Daylighting Simulations':A field study on lecture halls to correlate the occupant's subjective responses and climate-based daylight metrics, 35th PLEA Conference. Planning Post Carbon Cities. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17979/spudc.9788497497947
- Subhodeep Neogi, S. Rajkumar, P. Gopalakrishnan (2020) Evaluation of Envelope Response to Varying Local Macroclimate in Warm Humid Climate Zone of India: A Simulation Based Approach ,Proceedings of International Conference on Energy and Sustainable Development Jointly organized by Jadavpur University and The Institution of Engineers, India ,February 14-15, 2020
- P.Gopalakrishnan and T.Srinivas, "Urban Morphological impacts on the Viewscape of Sacred architectural forms in the HIstoric south Indian cities - A case study of Madurai", 23rd International Seminar on Urban Form, July 7-10, 2016, Nanjing, China
- G.Subbaiayan and P.Gopalakrishnan, "Study of Urban Morphological transformations in the Historic core: A case study of Thanjavur, India." 23rd International Seminar on Urban Form, July 7-10, 2016, Nanjing, China
- P.Gopalakrishnan and T.Srinivas, “ Study of views and visual relationships of sacred monuments, settings and people” Proceedings of the Young Researchers Workshop , 22nd lAPS -International conference, June 24-29, 2012, Glasgow, UK pp.375-376, ISBN 978-0-94-764988-3
- P.Gopalakrishnan and Pushplata, “Enhancing the imageability of a historical city core in the process of urban regeneration - A case study of Thanjavur" Proceedings of the international Symposium on Studies on Historical Heritage, September 17-21, 2007, Antalya, Turkey, pp. 245 -352
- P.Gopalakrishnan, “Strategies for Revitalizing the historic core for Promoting Heritage Tourism – A case study of Thanjavur”, Proceedings of the National Conference on Tourism and Architecture, September 20 -22, 2007, Madurai, India, pp.156 -165.
- Chittella Ravichandran & Padmanaban Gopalakrishnan, (2023), Estimating Cooling loads of Indian ResidencesUsing Building Geometry Data and Multiple Linear Regression, Energy and Built Environment, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbenv.2023.06.003.
- Nikhil Bhandari, Srinivas Tadepalli & Padmanaban Gopalakrishnan, (2023), Influence of non-uniform distribution of fan-induced air on thermal comfort conditions in university classrooms in warm and humid climate, India, Building and Environment, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2023.110373.
- Tarun Verma & Padmanaban Gopalakrishnan (2023), Categorising the existing irradiance based blind control occupant behavior models (BC-OBMs) using unsupervised machine learning approach: A case of office building in India, Energy and Buildings, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2022.112700.
- Chittella Ravichandran & Gopalakrishnan Padmanaban (2022) A numerical simulation-based method to predict floor wise distribution of cooling loads in Indian residences using Tukey honest significant difference test, Advances in Building Energy Research, DOI: 10.1080/17512549.2022.2129449
- P. Gopalakrishnan and T. Srinivas , ” Viewscape Assessment Framework for Protecting the Views of Sacred Monuments: Comparative Study of Srirangam and Thanjavur Religious Towns “, Creative Space Journal, Vol. 1, Issue: 2, January 2014 pp. 195–213 DOI:https://doi.org/10.15415/cs.2014.12005
- C. Hannah,T. Srinivas and P. Gopalakrishnan, ”Managing Security in the Built Environment –A Review of Environmental Crime Prevention Strategies” Creative Space Journal, Vol. 2, Issue: 2, January 2015 pp. 141–156
- P.Gopalakrishnan and G.Subbaiyan , “Revitalizing the Environs of Historical Core of Thanjavur”, International Journal of Physical and Social Science, Vol.2, Issue:6 pp 507-517. ISSN: 2249-5894
- G.Subbaiyan and P.Gopalakrishnan , “ A Study of Association Between Fear of crime Of People at Bus stops and Features of street segments”, International Journals of Research in Social Science, Vol.2, Issue:2 , May 2012 pp.450-463. ISSN: 2249-2496
- Member Council Of Architecture(COA), New Delhi, India
- Associate Member of the Indian Institute of Architects(IIA), Mumbai, India
- Associate Member of the International Network for Traditional Building, Architecture & Urbanism (INTBAU), London, UK.
- Member International Association People – Environment Studies (IAPS), UK
- Member International Seminar on Urban Forms (ISUF)
Research interests are directed primarily toward historic environment research in a variety of interrelated areas
- Study of visual aspects of historic towns of Tamil Nadu
- Urban regeneration and conservation in historic towns in the context of JNURM
- Imageablitiy and historic environment
- Preservation of Views of historic sacred monuments
- Place attachment to religious architecture
- ARCHITECTURAL GRAPHICS
- ARCHITECTURAL WORKING DRAWING
- URBAN DESIGN
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL DESIGN WORKSHOP
- POST OCCUPANCY EVALUATION OF BUILDINGS
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
Department of Architecture
NIT Trichy -620015