- Ph.D. (2011), National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- M.C.P.(1994), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- B.Arch.(1987), Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli
- Associate Professor of Architecture in the Department of Architecture at NITT / RECT from January 2006
- Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, NITT (then Regional Engineering College, Trichy - RECT) from March 1997 to December 2005
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture, NITT (then Regional Engineering College, Trichy - RECT) from June 1989 to March 1997
- Associate Dean (Academics), NIT, Tiruchirappalli from June 2007 to July 2009
- Deputy Controller of Examinations (PG & B.Arch.), NITT (then Regional Engineering College, Trichy - RECT) from December 2000 to May 2005
- Served as member of various Academic and Administrative committees of the institute (NITT)
- Member of organizing committee member of various events such as Convocation, Institute Day, Alumni Day, etc.,
Awards / Prizes/ Honours:
- First rank in the B.Arch.Degree examinations of Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, 1987.
- Awarded IIT, Kharagpur INSTITUTE SILVER MEDAL for the academic year 1993-94 for obtaining highest CGPA among the successful postgraduate students of M.C.P.
- Received IAPS Excellent Doctoral Research Proposal Award for the paper entitled “AN INVESTIGATION OF THE IMPACT OF LANDUSE AND PHYSICAL FEATURES OF THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT ON THE FEAR OF CRIME OF PASSENGERS WAITING IN BUS STOPS AFTER DARK” in the 20th IAPS Conference held in Rome, from 28th July to 1st August 2008.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from District Collector, Thanjavur for the Architectural services (Honorary) for the social welfare projects of Thanjavur district.
- Awarded Golden Jubilee Distinguished alumni Award for Serving Personnel at NIT, Tiruchirappalli by RECALand NITT during Golden Jubilee Celebrations in July 2014 in recognition of outstanding contributions in NITT.
- Fear of Crime and Built Environment, Architectural Lighting, Indoor Environmental Quality and Energy Efficient Buildings
- Subbaiyan, G. and Srinivas Tadepalli (2013), Surrounding Land Uses and Peoples’ Fear of Crime at Bus Stops, SPACE The SPA Journal of Planning and Architecture, Vol.17, N0.1, pp. 1-16.
- Subbaiyan, G. and P.Gopalakrishnan (2012),A Study of Association Between Fear of Crime of People at Bus Stops and Features of Street Segments, International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, Vol.2, Issue 2, pp. 450-463.
- Gopalakrishnan, P. and G.Subbaiyan, (2012),Revitalizing the Environs of Historical Core of Thanjavur, International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences, Vol.2, Issue 6, pp. 507-517.
- Subbaiyan, G. and Srinivas Tadepalli (2012), Natural Surveillance for Perceived Personal Security: The Role of Physical Environment, American Transactions on Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 213-225.
- Subbaiyan, G. and Srinivas Tadepalli (2012), An Investigation of the Relationship between Features of Bus Shelters and Fear of Crime of People Waiting in Bus Stops, The IUP Journal of Architecture, Vol.IV, No.1, pp. 54-63.
- Subbaiyan, G. and Srinivas Tadepalli (2011). Impact of Environmental Design on Personal Security at Bus Stops, Urban India, Vol.31, Issue 2, pp.111-124.
- Nanda Priya, G., Samson Mathew and G.Subbaiyan (2014), Mode Choice Analysis of Senior Citizens – A Case Study of Tiruchirappalli City, Presented in fist International Conference on INGENIOUS TECHNOLOGIES AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENTS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING, organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Noorul Islam University, Kumaracoil, Kanyakumari Dt. On 08th Octber 2014.
- Rajendra babu, S., Subbaiyan, G. and Srinivas Tadepalli (2013), Assessing the State and Needs of Pedestrian Facilities at Tiruchirappalli, India. Conference Proceedings: International Conference on CHALLENGES OF EXTENDED MEGA URBAN REGIONS – the Changing Face of South East Asia and the World, Putrajaya, Malaysia. Organized by: Institute for Environment and Development (LESTARI), Universiti Kebangsaan, Malaysia from 19-21 November 2013.
- C. Hannah, Srinivas Tadepalli and G. Subbaiyan, “Computer Aided Modular Geometric Modelling to Study the Perception of Safety”,Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA 2013), 761–770.
- C. Hannah, Srinivas Tadepalli and G. Subbaiyan, “The Spatial Dimension in Women’s Fear of Crime”, presented at the 2nd International Conference of the South Asian Society of Criminology and Victimology (SASCV) conducted by the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, from 11 to 13 January 2013 at Kanyakumari, Tamilnadu, India.
- Subbaiyan, G. and Srinivas Tadepalli, Natural Surveillance for Perceived Personal Security – The role of Physical Environment, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference – Workshop on Sustainable Architecture Urban Design (ICWSAUD 2012) from 3rd to 5th March 2012, organised by School of Housing, Building & Planning, Universiti Sains, Malaysia (ISBN 978-967-394-070-7).
- Subbaiyan, G. and Srinivas Tadepalli (2008), Study of land use and characteristics of built environment associated with the perceived personal security (fear of crime) in bus stop environs, Proceedings on CD-Rom (abstracts) of 20th IAPS ( International Association for People- environment studies) conference, Rome, 27th July- 1st August, 2008.
- Ramprasad,V. Srinivas Tadepalli, and G.subbaiyan (1992) People’s perception of Historic Towns- A cases study of Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. Conference Proceedings: International Conference of Architectural heritage,Bombay. Organized by: The Indian Institute of Architects, UIA work group IV, Architects Regional Council of Asia. Vol.1, pp. 96 – 101.
- Registered with the Council of Architecture
- Associate Member, Indian Institute of Architects
- Life member, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Associate Member, Institute of Town Planners India
- Building for Estate Maintenance Department, NIT, Tiruchirappalli
- District Central Library
- PG Lecture Hall Complex (ORION), NIT, Tiruchirappalli
Department of Architecture
NIT Trichy -620015