The Library functions are automated using an integrated Library Software called “LIBSYS” with the following main modules for the Library in-house operations:
- Acquisition System
- Cataloguing System
- Circulation System
- RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) Library Security Systems and Technology has been adopted in the Library functions and services
WEBOPAC [WEB ON-LINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOG]:
The Web Online Public Access Catalog allows for the access of bibliographic databases of the books, Reports, CD-ROMs and journals available in the central library. The catalog includes a word-based search facility using Boolean operators that can narrow down a search to meet very specific needs. Additional features of this catalog are:
- Periodic list of recent additions to the library.
- Members can find the materials checked out to them.
- Details of the status of the Books can be accessed while browsing and searching for information.
The WebOPAC can be accessed by using the Intranet facility available through LAN:
Photocopying/Xerox facility (both colour and normal) is available for the users of the Library with a reasonable charge of 0.50 paise per page for Ordinary copies and Rs. 5/- per page for getting Color Xerox copies.
- Bulletin Board service
- Current awareness service
- CD-ROM search service
- Audio-Visual service (Educational cassettes)
- Membership to external agencies and individuals
- Holding British Council Library Institutional membership
- Document Delivery Services through DELNET
- Document Delivery Service (photocopies of articles) from IITs through JCCC interface for promoting research and development
- Providing access to more than 6000 on-line e-journals through ESS Consortia and access to more than 600 Springer and CUP e-books service
- General and Textbooks Reading services Document Delivery Service
- Document Delivery Services have been provided through DELNET & JCCC@ESS consortia.