The Library functions are automated using an integrated Library Software called “LIBSYS” with the following main modules for the Library in-house operations:
- Acquisition System
- Cataloguing System
- Circulation System
- RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) Library Security Systems and Technology has been adopted in the Library functions and services
WEBOPAC [WEB ON-LINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOG]:
The Web Online Public Access Catalog allows for the access of bibliographic databases of the books, Reports, CD-ROMs and journals available in the central library. The catalog includes a word-based search facility using Boolean operators that can narrow down a search to meet very specific needs. Additional features of this catalog are:
- Periodic list of recent additions to the library.
- Members can find the materials checked out to them.
- Details of the status of the Books can be accessed while browsing and searching for information.
The WebOPAC can be accessed by using the Intranet facility available through LAN:
Photocopying/Xerox facility (both colour and normal) is available for the users of the Library with a reasonable charge of 0.50 paise per page for Ordinary copies and Rs. 10/- per page for getting Color Xerox copies.
- Bulletin Board service
- Current awareness service
- CD-ROM search service
- Audio-Visual service (Educational cassettes)
- Membership to external agencies and individuals
- Holding British Council Library Institutional membership
- Document Delivery Services through DELNET
- Document Delivery Service (photocopies of articles) from IITs through JCCC interface for promoting research and development
- Providing access to more than 6000 on-line e-journals through ESS Consortia and access to more than 600 Springer and CUP e-books service
- General and Textbooks Reading services Document Delivery Service
- Document Delivery Services have been provided through DELNET and JCCC@ESS consortia.
NITT Faculty Profiles in IRINS: Click here
Indian Research Information Network System (IRINS) has been developed by INFLIBNET to showcase the scholarly communication activities and provides an opportunity to create the scholarly network of each and every higher educational institution and faculty members.
NITT's instance of IRINS shows:
- h-index of individual faculty.
- Department wise h-index.
- Overview of NITT's research output.