- Semi Conductors- charge carriers, electrons and holes in intrinsic and extrinsic semi conductors-Hall effect
- Diodes-PN junction-current equation -junction capacitance-breakdown characteristics, Zener, tunnel, Schottky diodes.
- Bipolar junction transistors - Low frequency and high frequency equivalent circuits – analysis of CB, CE, CC amplifier configurations.
- Uni-polar devices-FET, MOSFET, UJT and Opto-Electronic devices-theory and characteristics.
- Rectifiers and switched mode power supplies - theory and design, filter circuits, applications
1. David, A.Bell, „Electronic Devices and Circuits‟, 5th Edition, PHI, 2008.
2. Millman and Halkias, `Electronic Devices and Circuits‟, McGrawHill International student Edition, 5th Reprint, 1993.
3. Allen Mottershead, „Electronic Devices and Circuits-An Introduction‟, PHI, 18th Reprint, 2006.
4. Malvino, „Electronic Principles‟, Tata McGraw Hill, 7th edition, 2008