Director of NIT-Puducherry
- Ph.D (1979-1982) in Heat Transfer, University of Roorkee
- M.E (1974) in Chemical Engineering, University of Roorkee
- B.E (1972) in Chemical Engineering, University of Roorkee
- Heat Transfer in Multiphase systems
- Nucleate Pool boiling
- Energy Engineering
Administrative Positions held
- Director, NIT Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India (Dec 2003–Mar 2005)
- Professor & Head, Department of Training & Placement, NIT Tiruchy (2001-2003).
- Controller of Examinations for Post Graduate and B. Arch Courses, NIT Tiruchy (2000-2001).
Membership in Professional Societies
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (I.S.T.E.), New Delhi.
- Member, Executive Committee, Indian Society for Technical Education (I.S.T.E.) chapter at Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli during 1988-92.
- Life member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, Kolkata
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers, India
- Member, International Business Council, New Delhi, India.
Awards And Honours
- Tamilnadu Scientist Award for Engineering, 1999-2000.
- Bharat Vikas Award, 2001.
- Woman of the Year - 2001 title by American Biographical Institute (A.B.I.), U.S.A.
- Member, Research Board of Advisers, ABI since 2002 and,Biography published in Who’s Who, Ninth Edition of International Business Woman, USA
- Jewel of India Award, 2004.
- National Udyog Excellence Award for NIT Srinagar, during the tenure as the Director in 2004.
- Received Best Paper Award twice during paper presentations in National Conferences, at National Engineering College, K.R.Nagar
- Technical Expert, nominated by the Govt. of Tamilnadu (1998-2003) for Environment Control - National River Action Plan – Pollution Abatement in River Cauvery, a National Project funded by Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt.of India.
- Expert for the Chemical Engg. discipline in the Assessment Board for Promotion of Scientists at Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Hyderabad.
- Reviewer of technical papers for the Journal of the Institution of Engineers, India.
- Honorary Executive Council Member and Member of the Editorial Board for the Journal “Engineering Today”.
- Member of the National Organising Committee for several National Conferences, and Member of Staff Selection Committee for many Engineering institutions.
Post Doctoral Research
- A sum of Rupees Eight hundred Thousand has been granted for an R & D project entitled “Heat Transfer Studies in Suspensions and Slurries” by A.I.C.T.E., New Delhi during 1994-95 for 3 yrs. This project is completed successfully in the year 1999-2000
- Rupees Eight hundred Thousand has been sanctioned for an R & D project titled “Heat Transfer Studies during Nucleate Pool Boiling of Liquids and their Mixtures at Sub-atmospheric Pressures” by MHRD, New Delhi during April 2001 for a period of three years. This project work is on-going.
- A sum of One million Rupees has been granted for a project titled “CFD Modeling of Chemical Process Equipment” under the thrust area by MHRD, New Delhi during April 2002 for a period of two years. This project work is in progress.
- A sum of Rupees Six thousand has been granted by Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology during 1999–2000 for an M.Tech. student’s research project entitled “Nucleate Pool Boiling Heat Transfer Studies in Liquids and their Mixtures” under the supervision of Dr.(Mrs.) Pandey. This project has been awarded as SECOND BEST PRIZE at the state level .
Ph.D Projects Completed
- J.Sarangan, “Effects of Water Addition on Fuel Consumption in I. C. Engines” (1993)
- R.Nagalakshmi, “Seed Recovery and Pollution Control in Magneto Hydro Dynamic Power Plant” (1996)
- D.Nagarathinam, “Experimental Studies on Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop in Heat Exchangers” (2005)
- N.Durairaaj, “Agitation and Heat Transfer Studies in Solid–Liquid suspensions” (2005)
List of publications in National Journals/Conferences
List of publications in International Journals/Conferences
Invited Lectures On Various Research TopicsClick here to see the list of lectures delivered
Courses Attended/Organised For The Past Five Years
- Advances in Heterogeneous Catalysis, organised by Dept. of Chemical Engg., Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, May 15-30, 1999
- International Workshop on Fluid Mechanics, FLUMEC – 2000, organised by Dept. of Aerospace Engg., IIT Madras, Chennai, Jan. 11-15, 2000
- National Seminar on Advances in Metal Forming, MET FORM - 2000, organised by Anna University, MIT Campus, Chennai, India, Mar. 15 & 16, 2000
- Seminar on Information Sharing on Facilities and Expertise Available at REC Tiruchirappalli with Federation of Indian Industries, organised by Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli, Dec. 20, 2000.
- Intensive Course on CFD in Chemical & Process Industries, organised by the Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Delhi, Feb. 21-23, 2002.
- Workshop cum Training Programme on PHOENICS CFD SOFTWARE, organised by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra, June 24-28, 2002.
- Conference on Business opportunities in IT enabled services & Business Process outsourcing, Hotel Royal Southern, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Oct. 26, 2002.
- Member, National Organising Committee, National Conference on “Recent Trends in Manufacturing Technology & Management”held on Jan.28&29, 2002 at Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur.
- Organised “Entrepreneurship Awareness & Skills Development Programme” for Final/Pre-final Year U.G. and P.G. students of all the Engineering Branches at REC Tiruchirappalli from March 11 - April 4, 2003 with financial support from MHRD, New Delhi.
- Member, National Organising Committee, National Conference on “Material Processing and Failure Analysis” Organised by the Department of Metallurgical Engineering, Regional Engineering College, Tiruchrappalli - 620015, during June 19-20, 2003.
- Member, National Organising Committee, National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering, Technology and Management”, held on Sept..8 & 9, 2003 by ISTE Chapter, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur–635109.
- Chairperson, Organising Committee for ISTE short-term course on “Rapid Design & Manufacturing, organized by Department of Mechanical Engg., NIT, Srinagar during March 2004.
- Special Invitee, “International Conference on Recent Advances in Material Processing Technology”, held during 23-25 Feb, 2005.
Dr. (Mrs.) S.K. Pandey,