NEWER TRENDS IN MANUFACTURING PRE-REQUISITE: Should have undergone basic manufacturing system & computer graphics, CAD.
OBJECTIVE: After completing this course, the students are exposed to advanced manufacturing concepts and will have hands on experience in advanced CAD packages like Uni-Graphics, Pro-Engineer and IDEAS.
1. INTRODUCTION TO VARIOUS ADVANCED MANUFACTURING (8)
Basics of Agile manufacturing - Lean manufacturing - Rapid prototyping - Virtual Reality
2. PRECISION MANUFACTURING (8)
Basics of Precision Engineering - its concepts and significance - precision engineering in Development of machine tools, Non traditional machining process in micromachining - sterolithography - epitoxy methods - technology - manufacturing of integrated circuits.
3. NANO TECHNOLOGY (8)
Basics of Nano engineering- its concepts, significance and applications-molecular and atomic level machining and applications.
4. ADVANCED CAD (8)
Advanced CAD systems - Pro/Engineer. IDEAS - concepts of modeling - Basic curve creation - Advanced features for 3D model creation - Extrude, Swept, Blend, Swept Blend features - in Pro/Engineer, Unigrahics and IDEAS software and editing feature available in the software.
5. ADVANCED ASSEMBLY (8)
Creating assembly - assembly constraints - creating sub - assembly - assembly Modification - assembly relations - creating exploded views.
1. Proceedings of the Seminar on "Significance of Precision Engineering in the Indian Context"Sep'98.
2. Scrope Kalpakjian, "Manufacturing Process for Engineering Materials" Addison - Wesley Publishing Company, 1997.
3. Massood Tabid - Azar, "Micro actuators - electrical. Magnetic, thermal, Optical) Mechanical, Chemical and Smart Structures", Khuwer Academic Publishers, 1997.
1. Pro/ENGINEER Manual - Modeling - Parametric Technology Corporation, USA
2. Pro/ENGINEER Manual - assembly - Parametric Technology Corporation, USA
3. IDEAS Master Series Manual - SDRC, USA
4. UniGraphics Manual - Modeling and Assembly, EDS, USA.