APPLIED ELECTRONICS PRE-REQUISITE: Basics of electric circuits, semiconductors, diodes, transistors and FETs and basic of digital logic gates.
OBJECTIVE : This is an introductory course on Analog and digital electronic circuits. The students will exposed to semiconductor devices & its applications, operational amplifiers, digital circuits & itsapplications and power electronic circuits.
1. Theorems and Linear Electronic Circuits - Thevenin and Norton theorems, Review of junction diodes, zener diodes, (BJT) and (FET) ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ applications.
2. Operational Amplifiers - Characteristics - applications as comparators, inverting amplifier, non-inverting amplifier. Adder, subtractor, differentiator, integrator, rectifiers, sample and hold circuit, Schmitt trigger.
3. Review of binary arithmetic ( signed and unsigned), seven segment display .Boolean Algebra simplification of algebraic expression , Basic logic gates. Combinational Logic.
4. D/A and A/D Converters ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Principles and various Techniques.
5. MEMORIES - Functions & types of memories - Read Only Memory (ROM) - Erasable Programmable RON (EPROM)- Electrically Erasable and Programmable ROM (EEPROM) - Random Access Memo (RAM) - a typical RAM static and dynamic RAM.
1. Millman and C.Halkias: " Integrated Electronics ", TMH
2. Ranmkant A Gayakwad, "OP-amps and linear integrated circuit technology"
3. Morris Mano, ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Digital DesignÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ PH Stoeker, W.I and Stoeker P.A , ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½Microcompuetr control of thermal and mechanical systemsÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½.