- Departments / Centres
Dr. S. Vinodh
Dr S.Vinodh is a Professor in Production Engineering Department of National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu. He completed his Ph.D. and Master’s Degree in Production Engineering from PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore. He completed his Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Government College of Technology, Coimbatore. He was a gold medallist in his undergraduate and post graduate studies. He was awarded National Doctoral Fellowship for pursuing research by AICTE, New Delhi. He has been awarded Institution of Engineers Young Engineer Award for the year 2013. He has published research papers in International Journals in the research areas Lean Manufacturing, Agile Manufacturing, Sustainable Manufacturing, Additive Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma and Industry 4.0. He is serving as reviewer for various International Journals in the specializations of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering.
|Course||Institution||University||Year of Completion|
|Ph.D. (Mechanical Engineering)||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||Anna University, Chennai||February 2009|
|M.E (Production Engineering)||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||Anna University, Chennai||June 2006|
|B.E (Mechanical Engineering)||Government College of Technology, Coimbatore||Bharathiar University, Coimbatore||May 2004|
1. Listed in the World Ranking of Top 2% Indian Scientists released by Stanford University published in PloS Biology based on research publications, number of citations and H-index (2020).
2. Received Best Performer Award by National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli in recognition of the commendable performance in Teaching, Research and Institutional Development in 2020-21.
3. Best Achievers Awardee by National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli for research Publications (2017, 2018) and for citations (2019).
4. Received 2018 Literati Award OUTSTANDING paper award for the paper titled “Application of Lean approach for reducing weld defects in a valve component: a case study” published in International Journal of Lean Six Sigma by Emerald Publishers, UK during 2018.
5. Received 2016 Literati Award (Highly Commended paper award) for the paper titled “Lean Six Sigma project selection using hybrid approach based on fuzzy DEMATEL-ANP-TOPSIS” published in International Journal of Lean Six Sigma by Emerald Publishers, UK during 2016.
6. Received the Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing for Computers & Industrial Engineering Journal, Elsevier Publishers for the year 2013
7. Received Institution of Engineers Young Engineer Award for the year 2013 in Production Engineering Division during the National Convention of Production Engineers held at Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur on May 5, 2013.
8. Received the OUTSTANDING paper award 2011 for the paper titled “Design agility through Computer Aided Design” published in Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology by Emerald Publishers, UK during August 2011.
9. Received the Innovative Student Project Award 2010 based on Ph.D. Thesis from Indian National Academy of Engineering, New Delhi during the Academy Annual Convention held on December 11, 2010 at Naval Science Technological Laboratory, Vishakapatnam.
10. Received National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) being sponsored by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi for pursuing Ph.D. programme.
11. Received the Highly Commended paper award for the paper titled “Quantification of Agility: An Experimentation in an Indian Electronics Switches Manufacturing Company” published in Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology by Emerald Publishers, UK during 2009.
12. Top-ranker of M.E. (Production Engineering) course pursued at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
9. Gold Medalist in Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering Branch) at Government College of Technology during the years of study (June 2000 –May 2004).
Awarded : 10
1. Title of the Project: Development of a model for ensuring sustainable product design in automotive organizations
Amount Sanctioned: Rs 11.9 Lakhs
Funding agency: DST, New Delhi
2. Title of the Project: Decision Support System for measuring agile characteristics
Amount Sanctioned: Rs 7.5 Lakhs
Funding agency: CSIR, New Delhi
3. Title of the Project: Exploration of lean tools/techniques enabling sustainability in automotive organizations
Amount Sanctioned:Rs15.42 Lakhs
Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board, New Delhi
•Member in UG Admission Committee
•Member – PMRF Fellowship Coordination Team
•Coordinator - Design Validation Lab
•Member in Library Advisory Committee
•Member in NRDC-NITT Innovation Facility Centre
•Member in Academic Reforms Committee
•Laboratory In Charge - Rapid Manufacturing Lab
•Staff Advisor M.Tech. (IEM) 2018-20 batch
•Coordination of NBA activities
•Department Data coordination
Rapid Manufacturing Lab
GIAN course on Fundamentals and Advanced Concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma during July 25-30, 2016 with Prof.Jiju Antony, Heriot-Watt University, UK.
1. Workshop on Innovative Product Design and Rapid Manufacturing Strategies during April 12-13, 2012.
2. Workshop on Rapid Prototyping and Tooling Techniques during March 8-9, 2013.
3. TEQIP sponsored Workshop on Sustainable Manufacturing during July 18-19, 2013.
4. Workshop on Agile Manufacturing during March 28-29, 2014
5. Short Term Course on Responsive and Sustainable Product Development Strategies during March 27-28, 2015.
6. National Workshop on “Rapid Manufacturing & 3D Printing” funded by SERB, New Delhi during April 22-23, 2016
Dr. S. Vinodh
Department of Production Engineering
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
Tiruchirappalli - 620015
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: +91- 9952709119
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org