Process Control and Industrial Automation Laboratory
The process control lab is important laboratory for B.Tech. (ICE), M.Tech. and M.Tech. (PCI) students. This laboratory consists of different process trainer test rigs and Programmable logic controllers (PLC). The laboratory is mainly focussed on identification and design of controllers for real time continuous processes. It is also give exposure on discrete state level real time process automation using PLC. The simulation software are very much helpful for the students for better understanding the concepts and as well as to implement advance level continuous/discrete level process control algorithm.
- Temperature process trainer
- Pressure process trainer
- Flow process trainer
- Level process trainer
- Multi process trainer: System to study Feed-forward, cascade and ratio control schemes
- System to study control valve characteristics
- Programmable logic controller with computer interface
- Model of Water Distribution Set-up
- Hybrid Tank system
- Data acquisition cards/modules
- Facility for centralized pneumatic and water supply
- Set-up for sensor less flow measurement
- Personal Computers
- NetSim (Network Simulator)
- CIROS - Virtual Learning Environments (FESTO)
List of Experiments
- Identification and design of different PID controller for FOPDT and SOPDT process using standard techniques and evaluate qualitative & quantitative performance.
- Study of different real time process trainers and development of P&ID for the above processes.
- Design and verification of combinational & sequential circuits using PLC.
- Design of PID controller for a Level Process/ Temperature/ Flow/ Pressure process stations and evaluate servo/ regulatory responses.
- Pressure to Current & Current to Pressure Convertor using real time process trainer.
- Develop a PLC program using timer and counter.
- Design of cascade and feed forward controller in simulation platform.
- Study of different PID controller parameters using real time process trainer.
- Study of control valve characteristics.
- Develop a PLC program for any practical application.