- Departments / Centres
Architecture of TMS 320C54X processors. Addressing modes. Assembly instructions. Pipelining. Interrupts. Clock generator. Timer. Serial ports. Parallel ports. Host-port interface (HPI). Comparison with TMS320C55X processor architecture and instruction set.
Architecture of TMS 320C67X processor. CPU data paths and control. Addressing modes. Instruction set. Pipeline operation.
Interfacing with serial I/O. A/D, D/A converters. Parallel interfacing. Interfacing with RAM, EEPROMs, FPGAs. Wait state generation. DSP tools: Assembler. Debugger. C compiler. Linker and loader.
VLIW Architecture. Multiprocessor DSPs, SHARC, SIMD, MIMD Architectures and Analog Devices DSPs. Applications: Digital Filter, Adaptive filter, Spectrum analyzer, Echo cancellation, Modem, Voice synthesis and recognition.
1. B.Venkataramani & M.Bhaskar, “Digital Signal Processor, Architecture, Programming and
Applications”,(2/e), McGraw- Hill,2010
2. S.Srinivasan & Avtar Singh, ‘Digital Signal Processing, Implementations using DSP Microprocessors with Examples from TMS320C54X”, Brooks/Cole, 2004.
1. Sen M.Kuo & Woon-Seng S.Gan, Digital Signal Processors: Architectures, Implementations, and Applications, Printice Hall, 2004
2. N. Kehtarnavaz & M. Kerama, DSP System Design using the TMS320C6000, Printice Hall, 2001.
3. S.M. Kuo & B.H.Lee: Real-Time Digital Signal Processing, Implementations, Applications and Experiments with the TMS320C55X, John Wiley, 2001.
CO1: Learn the architecture details and instruction sets of fixed and floating point DSPs
CO2: Infer about the control instructions, interrupts, and pipeline operations.
CO3: Illustrate the features of on-chip peripheral devices and its interfacing along with its programming details.
CO4: Analyze and learn to implement the signal processing algorithms in DSPs
CO5: Learn the DSP programming tools and use them for applications
CO6: Learn the architecture of advanced DSPs.
CO7: Design and implement signal processing modules in DSPs