WATER POWER ENGINEERING
- Source of energy - statics of power - hydro power estimation of water power potential - mini and pumped storage plant - cost and value of water power.
- Mini and Pumped storage plants- Penstocks - types and design criteria - anchor blocks - conduit valves - bends and manifolds - water hammer - Intakes - canals - forebay - trash rack tunnels - surge tank - power plant operation- surface and sub surface power stations.
- Description and function of various Hydraulic, electrical and mechanical equipment - power plant operation pertaining to base load and peak load
- Principles included in the planning of a surface and sub surface power stations. Elementary treatment of the principles involved in solar wind, geothermal and tidal power.
- . Barrows, H.K., Water Power Engineering, McGraw Hill, 1990.