- Precipitation circulation - temperature - Humidity - wind formation and forms of precipitation - interpretation of precipitation data - variations in precipitation - snow cover and snow fall.
- Factors affecting and methods of determining evaporation, infiltration and transpiration.
- Run-off cycle - factors affecting run-off - estimation of run-off by stream gauging - stage - discharge rating curves - Selection of site for a stream gauge station.
- Derivation of unit hydrograph from complex storms - unit hydrographs for various duration - Synthetic unit hydrograph - Transposing unit hydrograph - Application of the unit hydrograph.
- Linear Regression - Statistical and probability analysis of hydrological data - Flood frequency probability and stochastic methods - Basics of Stochastic and Deterministic models - AR, ARMA models
- Ragunath, H.M., Hydrology, Wiley Eastern, 1990.