OPERATIONS RESEARCH TECHNIQUES IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Inventory with uniform demand with finite rate of replenishment without and with shortage – Buffer stock – Price break.
- Queuing Theory – M/M/1 and M/M/C models with infinite and finite waiting space.
- Dynamic programming – Principle of optimality – recursive equation approach – application to shortest route, cargo-loading, allocation and production schedule problems.
- Sequencing – Johnson’s algorithm – n jobs through 2 machines, n jobs through m machines, 2 jobs through 2 machines.
- Replacement problem – Present worth factor – Group replacement – Nonlinear programming – Lagrange’s multipliers method – Kuhn–Tucker’s condition – Quadratic programming – Wolfe’s method.
- Taha, H.A., Operations Research- An Introduction, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2003.
- Kantiswarup, Gupta P.K. and Man Mohan, Operations Research, Sultan Chand & sons