WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING
- Hydrologic cycle - rainfall and its measurement - computation of mean rainfall over a catchment area using arithmetic mean, Theissen polygon and Isohyetal methods - Runoff -infiltration indices - Storm Hydrograph and unit hydrograph
- River regions and their characteristics - classification of rivers on alluvial plains - meandering of rivers - river training.
- Reservoir planning – Investigations – zones of storage in a reservoir - single purpose and multi purpose reservoir - determination of storage capacity and yield - reservoir sedimentation - reservoir losses - Flood estimation- Flood forecasting – Flood routing
- Ground water - types of aquifers - storage coefficient - coefficient of transmissibility - steady radial flow into a well located in unconfined and confined - aquifers - Tube wells and Open wells - yield from an open well.
- Water logging - causes and effects of water logging - remedial measures – land drainage - benefits - classification of drains - surface drains - subsurface drains - design principles and maintenance of drainage systems.
- Punmia, B.C., Irrigation and Water Power Engineering, Standard Publishers, 1993.
- Ragunath. H.M., Hydrology, Willey Eastern Limited, New Delhi, 1990.
- Subramanya, Engineering Hydrology, Tata-McGraw Hill, 1993.