Environmental Engineering – II
- Characteristics and composition of sewage-sampling-analysis- population equivalent - drainage in buildings-plumbing systems for drainage.
- Primary treatment- Secondary treatment- biokinetics- Lagooning- sludge digestion-Tertiary treatment.
- Disposal standards- self purification of rivers- Streeter Phelps equation – oxygen sag curve.
- Toxic and hazardous wastes - equalization and neutralization- biological degradation- recycle and reuse of waste effluents- treatment of industrial wastes- Dairy, Tannery, Petrochemical, Fertilizer, textiles, Pulp and paper.
- Air pollution-effects- stack emission- automobile exhaust - control devices-solid waste Management - EIA. Note: Assignments include the drawings of various wastewater treatment units.
- Duggal, K.N., Elements of Public Health Engineering, S.Chand and Co., New Delhi, 1990.
- Birdie, G.S. and Birdie, J.S., Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering, Dhanpat Rai and Sons, New Delhi, 1992.
- Metcalf and Eddy, Waste Water Engineering, Collection, Treatment and Disposal, Tata McGraw Hill, Inc., New York, 1981.