- Departments / Centres
FACULTY MEMBER:- Prof.K. RAMESHWARAN
OBJECTIVE : To introduce the fundamentals of Digital Electronics and to familiarize the students with the Basics of Logic circuits and Microprocessors.
1. BASICS OF DIGITAL SYSTEMS:
Introduction, Binary logic, Boolean algebra, Logic Gates - synthesising Basic logic gate circuits, Multiplexers and Demultiplexers, Binary based codes.
2. FLIP-FLOPS, COUNTERS AND MEMORY DEVICES:
Flip -Flops, Shift Registers, Asynchronous counters, Synchronous counters, Semiconductor Memories.
3. DIGITAL ARITHMETIC & DATA CONVERTERS:
Addition, Subtraction ALU, Binary Multiplication and Division, Fixed point and Flouting point numbers. DAC and ADC.
4. MICROPROCESSOR BASICS:
Evolution of Microprocessors, Architecture of INTEL 8085 - Addressing modes and decoding - Wait, Hold and Halt states - Interrupts, Bus cycles, Transition state diagram.
5 MICROPROCESSOR PROGRAMMING:
Instruction set of INTEL 8085, Writing programs in HEX code, Assembler and Assembler directives.
1. William H. Gothmann, "Digital Electronics", 2nd Edn., Prentice Hall of India (P) Ltd., New Delhi 1986.
1. Douglas V.Hall, "Microprocessors and Digital systems" 2nd Edn., McGraw Hill Book co., International Student Edn., 1983