Vision and Mission
To provide valuable resources for industry and society through excellence in technical education and research.
- To offer state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes.
- To generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research.
- To undertake collaborative projects with academia and industries.
- To develop the human intellectual capability to its fullest potential.
Towards building a school of Information Science and Technology conforming to international standards to provide valuable resources to the society.
- To offer state-of-art education in Information Science and Technology
- To provide strong theoretical foundation complemented with extensive practical training
- To inculcate value-based, socially committed professionalism to the cause of holistic development of students and society
Programme Educational Objectives
- Prepare graduates to become Computer Professionals with comprehensive knowledge and skills to produce software for emerging requirements.
- Prepare graduates to become Continuous learner with aptitude for Teaching and Research with societal focus
- Prepare graduates to become Consultant/Entrepreneurs in the IT and ITES industries with confidence in self‐employment.
- Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization, mathematics to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing sciences.
- Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with societal focus.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern computing tools to complex computing activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities and norms of professional computing practice.
- Recognize the need and have the ability to engage in independent learning for continuous development as a computing professional.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understand computing and management principles to apply one’s own work as a member and leader in a team to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively with the computing community and with society at large regarding complex computing with the ability to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations to give and understand clear instructions.
- Understand and assess societal & environmental safety, legal issues within local and global contexts and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional computing practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, as a member or as a leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Identify a timely opportunity to use innovation to pursue and create value and wealth for the betterment of the Society & Nation.