OBJECTIVE : To present the whole range of book-keeping concepts and to give a comprehensive coverage to management accounts.
1. BASIC CONCEPTS 
Assets Current assets, Fixed assets — Liabilities, Current liabilities — other liabilities —Owner’s equity — Trading account — Accounting records and Systems —
Control accounts and Subsidiary Ledgers — Limitations. Preparation of income statement — Interpretation and use of these fixed statements by Management.
2. DEPRECIATION 
Fixed assets and Depreciation — Methods for Depreciation, Assets Acquisition, Disposal, Intangible. assets, Inventory methods, Sources of working capital, Fund flows, Cash flows.
3. FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS 
Ratio analysis - Use of ratios in interpreting Trading Accounts and Financial Statements, Limitations.
4. MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING 
Variable costs — Fixed costs — Cost Volume Profit Analysis — Break even marginal and full costing contribution, Standard costing — Analysis of variance computer accounting and algorithms.
5. BUDGETS AND CAPITAL BUDGETING 
Characteristics of Budgets, Definition, Advantages, Preparation, Forecasting — Long term, Short term — Methods of capital investment decision making, Discounted cash flows, Internal rate of return, Payback, Rate of return, Sensitivity Analysis, Cost of capital.
1. Maheswari S.N. and Maheswari 5K., “An Introduction to Accountancy”, 5 edition. Vikas Publishing, New Delhi.
2. Manmohan and Goyal, “ Principles of Management and Accounting”, 5 Edn., Sahirva Bhawan,Agra
3. J.Batty,” Management Accountancy”, 3 Edn., 1970, Macdonald & Evan Ltd., London
1. Hampton,”Financial Management”, 1980, PHI
2. S.C.Kuchhal, “Financial Management”, 1979, Chaitanya Pub. House
3. Khan,” Financial Management”, 1983, McGraw Hill
4. Anthony R.N., “ Management Accounting”, 1970, Homewood Illion