- Departments / Centres
1. Needs, wants and demands, product, value, satisfaction, marketing and markets - Evolution of marketing.
2. Buyer behavior: Model, influencing factors, buying decision process, buying roles and buying stages - Segmentation - New Product development - Product Life Cycle – Product positioning and pricing.
3. Product: Classification, mix decisions and line decisions, branding decisions and packaging - Channel: Nature, function, dynamics, design and management decisions.
4. Promotion: Advertising decisions – objectives, budget, message, media and evaluation of advertisements. Personal selling – principles. Sales Promotion – objectives and types.
5. Marketing control: Annual plan control, Profitability control, Efficiency control and strategies control. Marketing strategies: for leaders, followers, challengers, niche players and global markets.
1. Kotler, Philip, Marketing Management: The Millennium edition, PHI pvt. Ltd. New Delhi, 10th edition, 1999.
2. Ramaswamy V.S. and Namakumari .S, "Marketing Management: Planning, implementation and control", Macmillan, New Delhi, 2nd edition, 1997.