The Library functions are automated using an integrated Library Software called “LIBSYS” with the following main modules for the Library in-house operations:
- Acquisition System
- Cataloguing System
- Circulation System
RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) Library Security Systems and Technology has been adopted in the Library functions and services.
OPAC [ON-LINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOG]:
The Online Public Access catalog allows for the access of bibliographic databases of the books, Reports, CD-ROMs and journals available in the central library. The catalog includes a word-based search facility using Boolean operators that can narrow down a search to meet very specific needs. Additional features of this catalog are:
- Periodic list of recent additions to the library.
- Members can find the materials checked out to them.
- Details of the status of the Books can be accessed while browsing and searching for information.
The OPAC can be accessed by using the Intra-net facility available through LAN under the following IP address and options:
1. IP address: http://library.nitt.edu:8080/webopac/
Photocopying/Xerox facility (both colour and normal) is available for the users of the Library with a reasonable charge of one rupee per page for Ordinary copies and Rs. 25/- per page for getting Color Xerx copies.
- Bulletin Board service
- Current awareness service
- CD-ROM search service
- Audio-visual service (educational cassettes)
- Outside Membership
Document Delivery Service
Document Delivery Services are provide through DELNET & JCCC@INDEST consortia. Holding British Council Library Institutional Membership.