The Library functions are automated using an integrated Library Software called “LIBSYS” with the following main modules for the Library in-house operations:
- Acquisition System
- Cataloguing System
- Circulation System
RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) Library Security Systems and Technology has been adopted in the Library functions and services.
OPAC [ON-LINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOG]:
The Online Public Access catalog allows for the access of bibliographic databases of the books, Reports, CD-ROMs and journals available in the central library. The catalog includes a word-based search facility using Boolean operators that can narrow down a search to meet very specific needs. Additional features of this catalog are:
- Periodic list of recent additions to the library.
- Members can find the materials checked out to them.
- Details of the status of the Books can be accessed while browsing and searching for information.
The OPAC can be accessed by using the Intra-net facility available through LAN under the following IP address and options:
1. IP address: http://library.nitt.edu:8080/webopac/
Photocopying/Xerox facility (both colour and normal) is available for the users of the Library with a reasonable charge of 0.50 paise per page for Ordinary copies and Rs. 25/- per page for getting Color Xerox copies.
- Web OPAC Service [Online Public Access Catalog (Web OPAC) can be accessed through Intranet IP address: http://10.0.0.132
- RFID oriented automated Circulation Service
- Bulletin Board service
- Current awareness service
- CD-ROM search service
- Audio-Visual service (Educational cassettes)
- Membership to external agencies and individuals
- Holding British Council Library Institutional membership
- Document Delivery Services thru’ DELNET
- Document Delivery Service (photocopies of articles) from IITs thru’ JCCC interface for promoting research & development
- Providing access to more than 6000 on-line e-journals through INDEST Consortia and access to more than 600 Springer & CUP e-books service
- General and Textbooks Reading services Document Delivery Service
- Document Delivery Services have been provided through DELNET & JCCC@INDEST consortia.