(Tiruchi Regional Engineering College - Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park)
Minds of the younger generation have been opened up in the process of India's march into the liberalised era. Success stories of Indian IT, biotech and other high-tech companies and the exceptional performance of Indian entrepreneurs have begun to fire the imagination of younger minds and motivated the youth towards entrepreneurship and start-up venturing.
To make the most of this situation favouring technology-based growth, the Tiruchi Regional Engineering College - Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park (TREC-STEP) has come up with innovative start-up promotion strategies.
One of the first Science Parks/Technology Business Incubators in the country, promoted in 1986 by the DST together with Government of Tamil Nadu, and the host institution National Institute of Technology, Tiruchi, TREC-STEP is a launch pad for budding technopreneurs.
The main support mechanisms of TREC- STEP include entrepreneurship development programmes to provide the necessary managerial skills in strategic thrust areas and other supportive services such as common machining facilities, nursery sheds, office and secretarial support, besides access to its dedicated team of management professionals.
The TREC-STEP also constantly conducts various skill development training programmes and software development programmes as promotion of new ventures in new technology areas can only be achieved by constantly diffusing new management and technology skills at all levels.
Entrepreneurship CellE-Cell or Entrepreneurship Cell is an effort to encourage students to look on entrepreneurship as a viable career option.
- To motivate and inspire students.
- To equip them with necessary skills.
- To provide necessary assistance.
- Promote creative thinking and efficient work culture.
- Develop communication, marketing and management skills.
- Make productive business plans.
- Secure finance through venture capitalists.
- Convert innovations into marketable products.
- Organising Guest lectures and Workshops
- Equipping students with the latest info through an organized database.
- Encouraging Student-Industry Interaction.
- Holding Business plan contests, management debates and case studies.
- Exposure to Venture Capitalists.
- Incubation of viable projects.