CONCRETE STRUCTURES – I
- Introduction to working stress method of design – Principles – Design methods – Permissible stresses.
- Limit states - Characteristic strength and load - Partial safety factor - Limit state method - Design of singly reinforced beams, doubly reinforced beams, T and L beams by limit state method with IS code specifications - Design for Shear.
- Slabs - one way and two way slabs for different edge conditions – Yield line theory - Flat slab - continuous slabs - IS code specifications - stair cases - different types.
- Columns - axially loaded and eccentrically loaded columns - IS code Specifications - Interaction Diagrams.
- Footings - isolated footings - square, rectangular and circular footings - Combined footing Introduction to masonry structures – Pile and pile cap.
Note: Assignments include the drawings of various R.C.C structural elements.
- Ashok, K. Jain, Reinforced Concrete Limit State Design, Nem Chand Brothers, 1990.
- Sinha. S.N. Reinforced Concrete Design, Tata McGraw Hill, 1988
- Varghese, Limit state design of concrete, Oxford IBH, 1983.