NRI Admission 2007
COURSES & ELIGIBILITY
Applications are invited from NRI candidates* to the first year B.Tech. (four year) / B.Arch. (five year) degree courses in National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli. The candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary examination (10+2 pattern or equivalent ) from outside India only and secured 60% in each Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as three of the four subjects of study under Part-III.
Candidates appearing for examination during March/April, 2007 may also apply.
Improvement marks will not be considered.
The age of the Candidate should be less than 21 years as on 01-06-2007. The selected candidate has to pay an annual tuition fee of 4000 US$ (or its equivalent in Rupees) Besides Tuition fees two separate Demand Drafts (1) for Institute fees Rs.5,200/- and (2) Hostel fees Rs.11,250/- drawn in favour of Director, NIT, Tiruchirappalli - 620015, payable at SBI,NIT branch (code 1617) Trichy - 15. ·
NRI who financially support the candidate must be a blood relation such as father / mother / brother / sister only.
B.Tech. Degree course in
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronics
- Electronics & Communication
- Instrumentation & Control
B.Arch. Degree course in
Total number of seats : 24 (subject to maximum 6 per branch) -for NRI
DASA Admission 2007
Students interested in getting admission under DASA Category will be governed by the Ed.CIL"notification
Total number of seats: 80 for DASA (i.e. 15% of the total strength which is 530)
HOW TO APPLY & WHEN TO APPLY
Candidates may apply directly to Educational Consultants India Ltd. attaching xerox copies of the following supporting documents and enclosing a D.D for US $ 350 for DASA scheme and US$ 200 for NRI Quota drawn in favour of Educational Consultant India Limited towards application processing fee.
- H.Sc./Equivalent Mark Sheet of the candidate
- Proof of age of the candidate
- NRI Bank Acct. Pass book of the financial supporter
- Passport of the financial supporter
- NRI Status Certificate of the financial supporter issued by the Embassy of Respective Country
- Nativity Certificate of the financial supporter Local address in India for contact & further communication may be furnished along with phone /fax numbers, if any.
- NRI- The selection of candidates under NRI quota Scheme will be based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination in the subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry alone. For example, the aggregate percentage of marks of candidate, who gets X/100 in Mathematics, Y/100 in Physics, Z/100 in Chemistry will be (X+Y+Z)/3. However, in the case of two or more candidates getting the same aggregate percentage of marks, the selection will be made by considering their marks in English. If the marks of the candidates in reference are equal in English also, then their marks in Mathematics will be considered for ranking. Depending upon the merit rank, eligible candidates will be individually/through the Press release, informed about the exact date and time of their counselling session. Reporting date for admission in NITT is July 14, 2007 (tentatively). Class work commences on July 23, 2007 (tentatively)
- DASA-Refer Ed.CIL notification Contact Address: CHAMAN SINGH PROJECT MANAGER (DASA) M/s Educational Consultant India Limited Ed.Cil House,18A sector 16A Noida - 201301 (India) Application form and detailed guidelines available on website : http://www.edcil.co.in http://www.educationindia4u.nic.in Phone : 91-120-2515281; 91-120-2515372 (FAX) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org