Dr. T. Srinivasa Rao
Name in Full: Prof.T. SRINIVASA RAO
Father’s Name: T. Narasimhulu
Date of Birth: 21-04-1960
Age as on date: 56 years
Latest CV (updated during Nov 2016)
||Year of Passing
||First Class with Distinction
||Thesis Highly Commended
|Post Doctoral Research --- University of Texas at Austin, USA (1995) under BOYSCAST Fellowship, DST, Govt. of India
Field of Specialization
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Areas of Research / Inclination
- Development of Composites through Powder Metallurgy, Development of High Performance Titanium Aluminides through Mechanical Alloying, Synthesis of Nanomaterials through Mechanical Alloying, Development of Hydrogen Storage Materials through Mechanical Alloying
List of Previous Employment
||Scale of Pay
||27th May 2011
||30th June 2016
||Rs.75,000/- + Rs.5,000/- Administrative Allowance
||26th May 2011
||Rs.37,400 - 67,000 Basic Rs.53,440 AGP Rs.10,000
|R. E. C., Tiruchirappalli
||Rs.3,700 to Rs.5,700
|R. E. C., Tiruchirappalli
||Rs.2,200 to Rs.4,000
|Praga Tools Ltd., Secunderabad
No. of Projects (Completed): 7
- Development of High Performance Ti-Al Intermetallic Composites through Mechanical Alloying (2002) Sponsored by DRDO, Rs.24.97 lakhs - (Principal Investigator).
- Studies on Sintering Behaviour of Nano Crystalline W-Ni-Fe Composite Powders produced by Mechanical Alloying (2003) Sponsored by MHRD, Rs.9.00 lakhs - (Principal Investigator).
- Development of Iron based Multicomponent and Nano Dispersed Bulk Metallic Glasses through MA for industrial Applications (2007) Sponsored by DST, Rs.24.65 lakhs - (Co-Investigator).
- Development of Magnesium-Scandium Alloys and their Structure-Property Correlation (2008) Sponsored by AR &DB (DRDO), Rs.26.29 lakhs - (Co-Investigator).
- Development of Nano and Metastable Magnesium based Multicomponent Alloys through MA for Hydrogen Storage Applications (2008) Sponsored by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Rs.23.59 lakhs - (Co-Investigator).
- Development of Nanostructure and Bimodal Nanostructured Aluminium Alloys by Severe Plastic Deformation (SPD) (2008) Sponsored by DRDO, Rs.25.85 lakhs - (Co-Investigator).
- Synthesis and Characterization of Nanomaterials for Engineering Applications (2009) Sponsored by DST (Nano Mission) Rs.5.72 Crore - (Principal Investigator).
No. of Projects (In Progress): 2
- Development and Evaluation of Wear Properties of Boron Carbide and Chromium Diboride for control rod applications in Nuclear Reactor (2013) Sponsored by BRNS Rs.46.655 lakhs - (Co-Principal Investigator).
- Enhancement of type IV cracking Resistance of Modified 9Cr-1Mo Ferritic Steel by Thermo Mechanical Treatment (August 2014) Sponsored by BRNS Rs.40.02 lakhs – (Principal Investigator).
Paper Publication / Conference attended
- Greaves Foseco Award for the best project work in Foundry Engineering at I.I.T., Kharagpur.
- BOYSCAST Fellowship by the Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Expert Member for Faculty Selection (P, AP & L) - NIT, Warangal and NIT Calicut.
- Panel Member for 2006 NMD Awards.
- AICTE Expert Member for inspecting the Engineering Colleges.
- Expert Member for DRDO Scientists Selection.
- Expert Member for AICTE-NBA accreditation (NITK, Surathkal and VNIT, Nagpur).
- Served as a Member, Board of Governors, NIT, Tiruchirappalli (2008-2009).
- Best Teacher Award (2008-2009) by NIT, Tiruchirappalli.
- Member, Governing Council, CBIT, Hyderabad.
- Member, Governing Council, AP Society for Knowledge Networks (APSFKNW).
- Member, Governing Council, Indian Institute of Metals, Kolkata.
- National Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education (National Education Leadership) as Director, VNIT Nagpur by Dainik Bhaskar (23.10.2013).
- NIT Warangal bagged Outstanding Engineering Institute-South (National Education Leadership) by Dainik Bhaskar (23.10.2013).
- Expert Member, Personality Test for Civil Services, UPSC, New Delhi during 12-16 May 2014.
- Member of the Site Selection Committee for NIT Andhra Pradesh, 19.09.2014.
- Member of the Committee constituted by MHRD for evolving a National Ranking Framework, 9th Oct. 2014 (F.No. 19-6/3013-TS.I, dated 9th Oct. 2014).
- Distinguished Alumni Award from NIT Trichy, 2014.
Additional Administrative Responsibilities Held
- Head, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (from February 2004 to 1st January, 2009)
- TEQIP Nodal Officer (Academic) (from 7th October, 2005 to 6th March 2008)
- Chairman, NIT Hospital Committee (from 13th October, 2003 to 6th March 2008)
- Head, Training and Placement Dept. (from 24th November, 2003 to 1st September, 2005)
- Deputy Controller of Examinations & Controller of Examinations P.G. Programmes (23rd April, 1996 to 30th June, 1999; 31st June, 1999 to 1st March 2000)
- Coordinator for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA-2004) Counseling at NITT, Tiruchirappalli Center
- Warden, Emerald Hostel (August 1993-September 1994)
- Chairman, DPEC, 2nd Year M.Tech. Materials Science and Engineering (2009-2010 and 2010-2011)
- PAC Chairman for 6th Semester B.Tech. MME (2008)
- Senate Member for Chemistry Dept. for their PAC Meetings (May 2007)
- Senate Member for ICE Dept. for their PAC Meetings (Dec. 2007)
- Coordinator for Ph.D. scholars compulsory course (MT801) (2006, 2007)
- Chairman, Doctoral Committee for 5 Ph.D. students
- Had been to the University of Texas at Austin, Texas, USA under BOYSCAST fellowship sponsored by DST, New Delhi. (1995).
- Had been to the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore as a visiting scientist under TEQIP. (June 2006).
- Had been to South Korea (Jeju Island) to present a research paper in an International Conference (PRICM-6), November 2007.
- Had been to Dubai to be the Chief Guest for NIT W Alumni Association- Middle East Chapter Meeting, December, 2011.
- Had been to France (Nantes) to attend Progress Meeting under Heritage Programme, 26th Feb.2013 to 4th March 2013.
- Had been to USA to explore the possibilities of collaboration between NIT Warangal and US Universities, April 2013.
- Had been to South Korea (Seoul) to participate as a NBA delegate (representing India) in the International Alliance Education Meeting, 17-21 June, 2013.
- Had been to Qatar as a Chief Guest for PAN NIT meet during 30-31 January, 2015.
- Had been to Ekaterinburg, Russia to participate as Indian Delegate in the BRICS Networking University, April, 2016.
Details of Memberships in Professional Societies
- Life Member - Powder Metallurgy Association of India (PMAI)
- Life Member - Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Life Member - Materials Research Society of India (MRSI)
- Life Member - Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- Life Member - The Institution of Engineers (India) (FIE)
- Life Member - The Society for Failure Analysis (SFA)
Research Guidance (Ph.D. / M.Tech.)
No. of Ph.D. guided (Completed): 6
- Studies on Metastable and Stable Phases of Ti-Al-Nb-Cr/SiC Systems by Mechanical Alloying – S. Kumaran (Sole Guide).
- Studies on AA6061-Fly Ash Composites Produced Through Powder Metallurgy and Extrusion – P.R.S. Kumar (Sole Guide).
- Studies on Duplex Stainless Steels Produced Through Powder Metallurgy Route – R. Mariappan (Sole Guide).
- Development of Aluminium-Silicon/Graphite Composite using Stir Casting Method - G. Rajaram (Co-Guide).
- Studies on Mechanical Behaviour of Rolled and Extruded ZM21 Magnesium Alloy - M. Thirumurugan (Co-Guide).
- Consolidation of Nanostructured γ - TiAl Intermetallic Compounds by Spark Plasma Sintering - S. Kennedy (Main Guide).
No. of Ph.D. guided (In Progress): 1
- Influence of Thermal Conductivity on High Temperature Thermoelectric Materials (at NITW) – Raghavachary (Main Guide).
- NBA Workshop at REC, Calicut during 7th to 8th February, 2000.
- Assessors Training Workshop of NBA (AICTE) at NIT, Surathkal during 8-9 May, 2004.
- Mr. Shiv Khera Seminar and Workshop “Blue Print for Success” at Tiruchirappalli- 620015 from 4th to 6th February, 2005.
- “Management Capacity Development Training” conducted by ERC & NPIU at Bangalore during 24th June to 3rd July, 2005.
- Training Program on “Preparing for Challenges Ahead” organized by ASCI, Hyderabad, at Tiruchirappalli during 5th to 7th January, 2006.
- National workshop on “Industry-Institution-Interaction” organized by SPFU, Maharastra and College of Engineering, Pune at Pune during 27th and 28th April, 2006
- “Leadership Skills Development” organized by ASCI, Hyderabad during 25-29 August 2008.
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Signature” organized by M/s. Franklin Covey, Chennai during 2-4 October 2008 at Munnar.
- “Strategic Leadership for Higher Education” organized by Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad during 29-30 June, 2012.
- “Deconstructing Design Workshop” organized by MHRD, IIT Mumbai and IIT Hyderabad at Hotel Metropolitan, New Delhi on 6.11.2013.
- “Conference of Directors of NITs” Rastrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi, during 7-8 November 2013.
- “Knowledge and Innovation Management” organized by National Productivity Council at Leh, Ladhak during 26-30 May, 2014.
- “Design and Design Show 2014” organized by IDC, IIT Bombay, 27-29 June, 2014.
- “Conference of Directors of NITs” Rastrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi, during 29-30 October 2014.
- Workshop on Good Governance for all NIT Directors and Chairpersons of BOGs organized by World Bank, NPIU, MHRD at New Delhi during 4-5 May 2015.
- “Conference of Directors/Vice Chancellors of NITs, IITs and Centrally Funded Universities” Rastrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi, during 4-6 November, 2015.
Conferences/ Symposium/Workshops Organized
- Five day workshop on “Navigating New Frontiers in Materials” under TEQIP during 2-6 July, 2013.
- CEP on “Trends and Advances in Heat Treatment of Steels” under TEQIP Phase-II during 30 July to 3 August 2012 at NIT Warangal.
- National symposium on “Powder Metallurgy of Refractory and Hard Metals-Processing and Prospect (PMRM-2006)” in association with HAPP, PMAI-8-9 Dec 2009.
- National conference on “Emerging Materials and Technologies for India 2020” at NIT Trichy during 24-25 January, 2008.
- Workshop on “Materials Thermodynamics” under TEQIP during 7-11 July 2008.
- Workshop on “Nanomaterials: Science, Technology & Applications” under TEQIP during 5 – 6 March, 2008.
- Workshop on “Trends in Nanomaterials Research” under TEQIP on 23rd Feb. 2008.
- One day workshop on “SWOT Analysis of Nanotechnology” under TEQIP on 2nd Feb. 2008.
- Workshop on “Scanning Electron Microscopy (Theory and Demonstration)” under TEQIP during 14-15 February 2007.
- Workshop on “Nano materials: Properties and Applications” under TEQIP during 2-3 December 2006.
Establishment of Laboratories
- Established Powder Metallurgy Laboratory as Co-ordinator of the project (Rs.22.5 Lakhs) sponsored by MHRD in 1989. Powder Metallurgy Lab was introduced with number of experiments in UG Metallurgical Engineering curriculum.
Achievements at NIT Warangal
- Partner in BRICS Networking University
- Accreditation by NBA under Washington Accord for all UG and PG Programmes
- Establishment of Electronics & IT Academy with an out lay of Rs.25 crores
- Participation in HERITAGE and EUPHRATES Indo-Europe Academic programs
- Establishment of Teaching Learning Centre with an outlay of Rs.9.68 crores under Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Scheme by MHRD)
- Active participation in GIAN program of MHRD
- Improving the research ambiance in the institute
- Establishment of Innovation Garage
- Introduction of EPICS in the curriculum
- International Internships to toppers of all UG programs
Additional Responsibilities held at National Level
- Mentor Director, NIT Andhra Pradesh, May 2015 to 30th June 2016.
- Member, Committee on evolving a National Ranking Framework, 9th Oct. 2014.
- Mentor Director, NIT Delhi (27th May 2011 June 2012)
- Director (Additional Charge), VNIT, Nagpur (8th July 2012 to 28th June 2013.
- Member, Standing Committee for NIT Council (2011-12 and 2012-13)
- Member, JEE Apex Board (JAB), November 2012
- Member, NIT Transit House Management Committee (2011-12 and 2012-13)
- Vice President, Society for Failure Analysis (SFA), Hyderabad (2013)
- Chairman, NIMCET for two years (2012-13 and 2013-14)
- Member, Core committee for CCMT (2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15)
- Member, South-Central Regional Committee, AICTE (3 years from24th Sept.2013)
- Chief Patron, NIT Warangal Alumni Association
Additional Responsibilities held in Institute
- Head, Dept. of MME From 18th Feb. 2004 to 1st Jan. 2009
- TEQIP - Nodal Officer (Academic) From 7th Oct. 2005 to 6th March 2008
- Head, Dept. of Training & Placement From 24th Nov. 2003 to 1st Sept. 2005
- Chairman, Hospital Committee From 13th Oct. 2003 to 6th March 2008
- Dy. Controller of PG Examinations From 23rd April, 1996 to 30th June, 1999
- Controller of PG Examinations From 31st June, 1999 to 1st March 2000
Additional Responsibilities at Department / Hostel Sector
- Chairman, Doctoral Committee for 4 Ph.D. students
- Chairman, DPEC for 2nd Year M.Tech. Materials Science & Engg., 2009, 2010
- PAC Chairman for 6th Semester B.Tech. MME (2008)
- Coordinator for Ph.D. Scholars’ compulsory course (MT801) (2006, 2007)
- Warden, Emerald Hostel (August 1993-September 1994)
- Senate Member for ICE & Chemistry Depts. for their PAC Meetings (May & Dec. 2007)
Dr. T. SRINIVASA RAO
Professor (HAG), Former Director, NIT Warangal
Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli - 620 015
Tamil Nadu, INDIA
Phone No. +91-431- 2503455 (Office), Mobile: +91-7893150786
E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com