M.Sc (Chemistry – Madras University), Ph.D. in Metallurgical Engg (REC, Trichy)
- As Professor / MME Dept : 14 Years
- As Chairman / CECASE : 04 years
(CECASE – Centre of Excellence in Corrosion and Surface Engineering)
- Former HOD / MME : 03 years (Jan 2009 – Jan 2012)
- Former Nodal officer TEQIP : 02 Years (April 2007 – March 2009)
- 38 years (Teaching , Research & Consultancy)
Research areas of Interest
- Corrosion Science & Engg., Surface Science & Engg. and Tribology related to Power, Process, Petrochemical , Mining , Automotive & Aerospace industries.
- Total publications in International Journals : 78
- Total paper presentations in Conferences : 55
- Ph.D. Awarded : 09
- Ph. D. ongoing : 13
- M.S. (By Research) Awarded : 02
- M.S. (By Research) ongoing : 12
Sponsored R & D project related to Corrosion & Surface Engineering
- With NLC, Neyveli on Storm water control pumps : Rs. 48.25 Lakhs completed) (2013)
- As Co-Principal Investigator in CMPDI Project, Gol : Rs. 02.10 Crores (completed) (2016)
- With GTRE / DRDO under CARS, GoI : Rs. 09.98 lakhs (ongoing) (2016)
- Project proposal to CMPDI - GoI : Rs. 02.46 crores (as PI) (2015)
Patent recently filed, based on above NLC project
- Patent Title: High Longevity Coatings and Alternate Material for Erosion and Corrosion resistance in Mining Pumps. (Application No: 5145/CHE/2014, date of filing: 14/10/2014)
Membership in Editorial Board of International Journals
- Editorial Board member for International Journal of Surface Engineering, Maney Publishing, UK.
- Editorial Board member for International Journal of Materials and Manufacturing Processes,Taylor & Francis publishers,USA.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Lifetime member in ISTE, IIM, IWS, ECSI
Delivered invited talks through All India Radio (AIR)
- Anti Corrosion Materials
- Frontier Materials
- Perennial need for Metallurgical Engg. Education in Indian academic curriculum and research at all Universities
Awards / Recognitions / Honours Received
- Best Project Guide Award (1998) from DTE, Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Best Teacher Award (2007) from NITT
- National MASCOT Award (2008) from Electrochemical Society of India.
- As HOD / MME received Best Department Award (2009) from NITT for the period 2008-09.
- Award received from Golden Jubilee Distinguished Alumni (2014) of NITT for distinguished services at NITT.
- Several times received ‘Best Research Paper Awards’ in various National and International conferences.
- Serving as reviewer of technical articles for several International Journals published by Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, Springer, ASTM and ASME.
- Received Certificate of Award for outstanding contribution in reviewing for the international journal of materials and manufacturing processes published by Taylor & Francis group, USA.
No. of Seminar / Colloquia / Conferences conducted : 15 (in core & allied areas related to )
- Corrosion Engineering
- Surface Engineering
- Engineering Materials
- As HOD / MME, was instrumental to re-launch M.Tech. (Industrial Metallurgy) – Full time course after a period of three decades at NITT.
- As Chairman / CECASE, was instrumental to launch MS (By Research) for sponsored part time candidates drawn from industrial organizations of repute.
- As Chairman / CECASE, was instrumental to launch an online CECASE News Bulletin.
- Served as Former Vice Chairman of IIM – Trichy Chapter for Two years.
- Have organized around 15 events such as seminars, workshops, colloquia in the last three years including a National Conference on Corrosion, Surface Engineering and Tribology under the banner of CECASE.
Other Areas of interest
- Indian Philosophy, Self Introspection, Classical Literatures in Sanskrit and Tamil, Listening to Classical Carnatic music