Email id – email@example.com
2005 - 2006 Thiagarajar College Of Engineering Madurai Lecturer
2006 - 2007 Department of Architecture National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli Research Associate
2007 April – till date Department of Architecture National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli Assistant Professor
- Involved in the teaching Contemporary Architecture,Architectural Design,Environmental Sciences, Landscape Architecture, History of Architecture, Rural architecture study.
- Involved in the design of the new architecture building and its landscape.
- Undergone symposiums on Green architecture
- Participated in the QIP on Sustainable Urban Landscape in Anna University
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) Thiagarajar College of Engineering 1998-2003
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch) Landscape Architecture 2003 – 2005 (Gold Medalist)
- Ph.D Architecture 2009 - 2017
- Urban Microclimate
- Outdoor Thermal Comfort
- Cultural Landscape
- Landscape Conservation
- Urban Landscape Architecture
- Environmental Planning
- History of Architecture
- Remote sensing & GIS
- B.Arch – NIPM - National Institute of Port Managemet (Campus planning & Landscape Architecture)
- M.Arch – Cultural Landscape of River Basin Tamiraparani
- ENVImet 4.0
- Autodesk Ecotect
- Autodesk Vasari
- Revit Building (Certified by Autodesk)
- AutoCAD, ADT 3.3
- Adobe PHOTOSHOP and ILLUSTRATOR
- CorelDraw and Photo paint
- Member,Council of Architecture (COA),New Delhi,India.
- Associate Member of the Indian Institute of Architects(IIA), Mumbai, India.
- Associalte Member of the Indian Society of Landscape Architects (ISOLA),Ahmedabad,India.
Workshops and Training Programmes
- June 2nd – 6th 2014 ,ISTE – SRM Short Term Training Programme on, "Energy Smulations in Buildings" organized by Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai.
- May 9-10, 2013 attended 2 Day Workshop on "Perspectives on Curriculum" sponsored by TEQIP, NIT Tiruchirappalli.
- April 20,"Energy Day" - 2012 organised by Centre for Energy and Environmental Science and Technology "CEESAT", NIT Tiruchirappalli.
- 7th to 11th September 2009 , organized by School of architecture and planning - JNA & FAU - Hyderabad - QIP - "Responsive Urban Environment" - JNA & FAU.
- 25th to 30th August 2008 , organized by School of architecture and planning - Anna University - Chennai - QIP - "Sustainable Urban Landscape" - AICTE.
- Atteneded Training Program by Autodesk on "Autodesk Revit 2009" , Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirappalli.
- Presented paper in the 4 th Architecture and Civil Engineering (ACE 2016) , 2016 , Singapore on Numerical Modelling of canyon Aspect Ratio towards Urban Microclimatic Stress.
- Presented Paper in International Conference on Sustainable Technologies in Building & Environment (ICSTBE-2015) held at Satyabhama University, Chennai, India, during 15th to 17th July 2015.
- Presented paper in the International PLEA Conference - Sustainable Habitat for Developing Cities– 16th – 18th December 2014 - "Design Best Practice Methods to Minimize the Impact of Building Materials on Urban Microclimate ".
- International conference on LANDSCAPE GREAT IDEA! in Vienna - Austria and presented a poster on the "Impact of Urbanization over the Cultural Landscape of Srirangam".
- International Conference on "Combating Challenges of Climate Change" in Delhi presented paper on "Need to manage Urban Heat Island Effect for Enviromental Amelioration" organised by Union Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- International conference on Materials Mechanics and Management in College of Engineering Trivandrum and presented a paper.
- Significance of Microclimatic Study in Urban Canyons Towards Ambient Urban Space Design (2015),D.Kannamma and Dr.A.Meenatchi Sundaram Journal on Today’s Ideas – Tomorrow’s Technologies, Vol. 3, No. 1, June 2015 pp. 95–109,(ISSN Print: 2321 – 3906 , ISSN Online: 2321 – 7146) (Refereed).
- Empirical study on the interaction between vegetation and street geometry elements towards ambient urban microclimate (2015),D.Kannamma and Dr.A.Meenatchi Sundaram Indian Concrete Journal(ICJ) N:00194565), The ACC Limited Sustainability Special Issue, July 2015, Volume 89 pp 20-27 (Scopus Indexed).
- Implications of Building Material choice on Outdoor Microclimate for Sustainable Built Environment, D.Kannamma and Dr.A.Meenatchi Sundaram , Key Engineering Materials vol 650 (2015) pp 82-90, Trans Tech Publications (Issn: 1662-9795), Switzerland Doi:10.4028/Www.Scientific.Net/Kem.650.82 (Scopus Indexed).
- Influence Of Street Geometry On Urban Microclimate – A Comparison Of Traditional And Modern Streets Of Srirangam, D.Kannamma and Dr.A.Meenatchi Sundaram in International Journal of Innovation and Scientific Research ISSN 2351-8014 Vol. 3 No.1 Jun. 2014,pp 27-39.
- Published paper on Optimizing Building Materials Through Landscape Elements,D.Kannamma in International Journal of Management IT and Engineering ISSN-2249-0558, Vol- 2 ISSUE 5 ,May 2012.
- International Publication of paper on "Tamiraparani Cultural Landscape" in IFLA No.81 (International Federation of landscape Architects).
Dr. D. Kannamma,
Department Of Architecture
NIT Tiruchirappalli - 620015