DEPARTMENT OF PRODUCTION ENGINEERING
The Department of Production Engineering established in the year 1983. The Department offers B.Tech. (Production Engineering), M.Tech. (Manufacturing technology), M.Tech (Industrial Engineering and Management) , M.S. and Ph.D. programmes.
State-of-the-art laboratories are available in the areas of Machining, Forming, Welding, Casting, Robotics, CIM, CNC, Mechatronics, Modeling, Simulation, Ergonomics, Tribology, composite materials and Operations Management.
Many research papers have been published in journals and conferences. More than 80 Phd degrees were awarded through Research Guidance by the Faculty of Production Engineering. The Department offers engineering consultancy in the areas of design, manufacturing and resource management.
To Establish a world class academy for Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Curriculum development with state of art technologies
- Pursue research interests of manufacturing and industrial engineering
- Consultancy in design, manufacturing and industrial engineering
- Industry institute interaction
- Equipping Laboratories with state-of-the-art-equipment
New Production department Annex building
The Head of the Department,
Department of Production Engineering,
National Institute of Technology,
Tamil Nadu - 620015
Phone: +91-431- 2503501