Refereed Journal Publications/ Book Chapters:
- Kannabiran, G., Xavier, M.J. & Banumathi, T., E- governance and ICT-enabled rural development in developing countries: Critical lessons from RASI Project in India, International Journal of Electronic Government Research (Idea Publications) –accepted for publication.
- Kannabiran, G. & Saumen, B., Corporate turnaround through effective supply chain management - the case of a leading jewellery manufacturer in India, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal (Emerald Journals), Vol. 10-5 (340–348), 2005.
- Kannabiran, G. & Narayan, P.C., Deploying internet banking and e-commerce: Case study of a private sector bank in India, Journal of Information Technology for Development (Wiley Journals), Vol. 11-4 (363-379), 2005.
- Kannabiran, G., Strategizing corporate social responsibility in Titan Industries Ltd: The Dilemma of the CEO, Corporate Social Responsibility – Concepts and Cases, Ed. Baxi, C. V. & Prasad, A., Excel Books, 2005.
- Kannabiran, G. & Ranganathan, C., Effective management of information systems function: An exploratory study of Indian organizations, International Journal of Information Management (Elsevier Science), Vol. 24 (247–266), 2004
- Kannabiran, G., & Xavier, M.J., Enabling e-governance through Citizen Relationship Management - concept, model and applications, Journal of Services Research, Vol. 4-2 (223-240), 2004.
- Kannabiran, G. & Vijayaraghavan, P., A framework for strategic information system planning in the Indian context, IIMB Management Review (Journal of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India), Vol. 15-2 (45-51), 2003.
- Kannabiran, G. & Ammu Anantharaaj, Competitive advantage through Information technology- a study on changing profile of IS leadership in Indian organizations, Journal of Management and Information Technology, Vol. 1-2 (67-72), 2003.
- Kannabiran, G. & Sankaran, K. Stages and Determinants of evolving successful vendor-client relationship in offshoring, International Conference on Outsourcing/ Offshoring: Trends and Managerial Issues, India, January, 2008
- Sambamurthy, V. & Kannabiran, G. & Mahesh, R., Path dependent processes for the evolution of vendor-client relationships in IT services, Academy of Management Conference, August 3-8, 2007.
- Kannabiran, G. & Dominic P. D., Determinants of successful E-business strategy: A longitudinal case study, International Conference on Internet-Business, Port Dickson, Malaysia, February 2007. (This was adjusted as the best paper)
- Kannabiran, G. & Kailasanathan, N., Beyond transactional benefits-organizational and managerial dimensions of realizing decision support benefits from ERP systems, 9th International conference on Decision Support Systems, January 2007, Kolkata, India.
- Kannabiran, G. & Sundar, S., Structuring components of models for the emerging economies, 10th Nirma International Conference on Management- "Enhancing Enterprise Competitiveness", Ahmedabad, October, India, 2006.
- Sambamurthy, V. & Kannabiran, G., From Alignment to Convergence: Evolving Models of Information Systems Planning, 1st International Symposium of Information Systems, India, December 2006.
- Kannabiran, G., Xavier, M.J. & Banumathi, T., Rural development through Internet kiosks -A longitudinal evaluation of RASI project in India, 4th International Conference on Electronic Governance, India, December 2006 (This was adjusted as the best paper)
- Kannabiran, G., Narayan, P.C. & Vijayaraghavan, P., Linkage between effective implementation of IS strategy and IS Performance: Lessons from Indian organizations, Americas Conference on Information systems, Omaha, USA, August 2005.
- Kannabiran, G. & Saumen, B., Achieving competitiveness through effective supply chain integration - A case study, Fourth Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management, India, December 2004.
- Kannabiran, G., & Kailasanathan, N., Achieving competitiveness through supply chain integration - Case study of Titan Industries Limited, International conference on Responsive Supply chain for competitiveness, CIT, Coimbatore, India, January 2004.
- Kannabiran, G. & Ammu Anantharaaj, Managing IS function in high technology organizations: An empirical investigation, Academy of HRD International conference, Bangalore, India, November 2002.
- Kannabiran, G., & Vijayaraghavan, P., Information Technology and Competitive Advantage: A study of cultural dimensions in the Indian context, International conference on Business Information Technology Management -Enabling Cultural Awareness, American University in Cairo, Egypt, June 2001.
Seminar /Workshop (Invited) Presentations:
- Opportunities & Challenges in e-Service and M- Service, National seminar on Changing Paradigms in Services marketing, organized by Jamal Institute of Management, during March 23-24, 2007
- Knowledge Management in emerging industries, Seminar on “Knowledge management and Intellectual property in the Indian context” on November, 18, 2007, University Institute of Management, University of Kerala.
- Role of e-business in Supply Chain Management, International Conference on Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Coimbatore, India, August 2006.
- Aligning ERP implementation with business strategy, National level workshop on Recent Trends in Enterprise Information Systems, TCE, Madurai, India, April 2006.
- IT in developed countries-Critical lessons for developing countries, Fulbright Conference on “Synergizing Fulbright Activities in South Asia and the U.S., Visakhapatnam, India, March 2006
- IT management in emerging economies: experiences from Indian organizations, Gatton College Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA, December 2005.
- Global supply chain management –opportunities and challenges, special lecture delivered at School of Business, California State University, Monterey Bay, USA, November 2005.
- e-Business strategy planning and implementation, lecture delivered in the national level faculty development programme sponsored by ISTE-AICTE- conducted by Janson School of Business, Coimbatore, June 2003.
- IT and Cost management, Regional conference of Cost and Works Accountants of India, April 2002
- Role of DSS in implementation of rural development projects, National Consultative Workshop on IT in rural development, National Institute of Rural Development, February 2002.