Mr. M. Kameshwara Rao
Ph.D. (2011). Tata Institute of Social Sciences, (TISS) Mumbai
M.B.A. (2000). Nagpur University with specialization in HRM
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: HRM
Total teaching experience spans for about Eleven years.
a. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, TIRUCHIRAPALLI.
Joined as a Faculty in the month of May 2007.
b. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, WARANGAL.
Experience: Six years (from June 11, 2001 to 30-04-2007)
FOCUS AREAS OF CONSULTING AND TEACHING
a. Consulting Capabilities: Competency management, Training Effectiveness and Design of Training Systems, Gender differences at work place, impact of developmental initiatives on employee learning and Organisational Learning.
b. Teaching: HRM, Training & Development, Talent management, Strategic HRM, Change management.
1. Conducted HR - paper presentation at NIT-Warangal.
2. Organized Industrial visits to ITC- Bhadrachalam and Navabharat Ferrous and Alloys limited- Palvancha and Mahindra and Mahindra Zaheerabad.
3. Organized guest lectures of corporate experts on HR.
4. Placement coordinator of M.B.A. at NIT Warangal.
5. Guided around 65 projects of MBA students in the area of Human Resource Management.
6. Department Coordinator for NBA activities at NIT Tiruchirappalli.
1. M. Kameshwara Rao, B. Koteswara Rao Naik. (2011). Recruitment Process: An Empirical Research Study Asia Pacific Journal of Research in Business Management. Volume 2, Issue 5
2. M. Kameshwara Rao, B. Koteswara Rao Naik. (2011). Worker’s Participation in Management: Towards a Conceptual Framework. Asia Pacific Journal of Research in Business Management. Volume 2, Issue 5.
3. B. Koteswara Rao Naik. M. Kameshwara Rao. A Study towards Overcoming Employee Resistance Towards Timesheet. International Journal of Management, IT & Engineering. Vol.1, Issue 4.
4. Meena, M. Kameshwara Rao and Sezhiyan. D. M (2010). Impact of knowledge acquisition, gap analysis and training on competency management. Sankhya, International Journal of Management and Technology. Vol. 2 issue-1.
5. Kameshwara Rao. M (2011). Telecommuting and Organizational Change. Gitam Journal of Management. Vol. 9. No. 3 pp.198-210.
6. Kameshwara Rao. M and Palo. S. (2012). Managers’ Perception with Reference to The Durand’s Model Of Competency Development. Journal of Business Performance Management (accepted for publication.).
7. Kameshwara Rao. M and Palo. S. (2012). A comparative analysis of the importance of managerial competencies across the managerial levels. (Accepted for publication in Vikalpa).
8. Kameshwara Rao. M. and Palo. S. (2009). Identification of Managerial Competencies For Establishing A Conceptual Framework For HRD Practioners. Asia pacific business review. Vol. V No.4
9. Kameshwara Rao. M and Palo. S. (2011). The Meaning of Learning in Organisations and Knowledge Acquisition: A Competency Based Perspective”. Journal of Management Science. IIM Shilong Vol. 2, Number 2, pp. 173-184.
10. Kameshwara Rao. M and Palo. S. A Comparative Study of Competency development Styles in Public Sector Units in India. WASET.(under review)
11. Kameshwara Rao. M and Palo. S.(2011).Exploring The Relationship Of Durand Model With Reference To The Managerial Competency Development: An Integrative Review Of Literature. International Journal of Research in IT & Management. Volume 1, Issue 6.
12. Sudhakar. K. F. and Kameshwara Rao. M (2011). Preferences of Engineering Students’ Concerning Where They Prefer To Start Their Careers. Asian Journal of research in Social Science & Humanities. Volume 1, Issue 2.
13. Kameshwara Rao. M and Sezhiyan D. M. (2008). Study of the Perception of Employees on their Training & Development Programme: A Qualitative Study. International Journal of Management Sciences. Vol.4, No.2 2008.
14. Sudhakar. K. F, Kameshwara Rao. M, Naik. B. K. R (2011). Employees Perception about the Training & Development: A Qualitative Study. International Journal of Research IT & Management (Accepted for publication in Nov. 2011)
1. Kameshwara Rao. M and Palo S. (2011). Study of preferred styles of competency development for managers in India. Eighth International conference on Management. Indian Institute of Management Ahemdabad.
2. Kameshwara Rao. M and Palo S. (2011).Development and preferences for managerial competency needs. Eighth International conference on Management. Indian Institute of Management Ahemdabad.
3. Dr. G. Muruganantham & M. Kameshwara Rao. (2009). Corporate Governance in Indian SMEs, International Conference On Convergence of corporate Governence Norms, September 5-6 , 2009 conducted by IIT Kharagpur.
4. M. Kameshwara Rao. (2009).Talent management practices in India, conducted by Bharatidasan Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli.
5. M.Kameshwara Rao. (2008). Outsourcing of advanced business services in the Indian economy: Explainations and estimation of the impact on regional effects conducted by Nit Trichy.
6. M.Kameshwara Rao. (2010). Aligning the performance appraisal with managerial competencies- Towards exploration of linkages conducted by Annamalai University.
7. M.Kameshwara Rao. (2010). Ways to make change irresistable conducted by Annamalai University.
OTHER PROGRAMMES ATTENDED
1. Workshop on RTI Act conducted by National Archives of India in 2008.
2. Participated in the Induction programme on Instructional Design and Delivery System, conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research in 2009.
DR. M.KAMESHWARA RAO
Department of Management Studies,
National Institute of Technology
Contact Number: 0431- 2503713