Dr. S. Raghavan
, 91 9443130663
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the College of Engineering,Guindy.
- M.Sc.(Engg) in Microwave Engineering from College of Engineering ,Trivandrum.
- Ph.D.(I.I.T. Delhi) on "Characterization of Discontinuities in Coplanar Waveguides & CPW Periodic Structures"
- Prof. Bharthi Bhat
- Prof. S. K. Koul
- Microwave Engineering
- Microwave integrated circuits
- Microwave integrated circuits
- Biological effects of Microwaves
- Computer Aided Design of MICS
- Biomedical Informatics
- Meta Materials
- Bio MEMS
- RF MEMS
- Fractal Antennas, MIC Antenna, Metamaterial Antenna
- QIP Fellowship for Ph.D. at CARE, IIT Delhi.
- 'BEST TEACHER AWARD' for the year 2007-08.
- 'BEST FACULTY AWARD' for Electrical and Electronics division (P.K.Das Memorial Award) for the year 2010-11.
- 'BEST THESIS AWARD' (Gold Medal) obtained by first Ph.D Scholar.
- Honorary Fellowship of Ancient Sciences and Archeological Society of India is conferred.
- Referee – IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques
- Referee – Journal of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Institution of Engineers, India.
- Referee - PIERS, USA.
- Short term Visiting Fellow in California State University, North Ridge(CSUN), USA.
- Awarded to conduct a tutorial in APEMC 2010, Beijing, China, April 12-16, 2010.
- Awarded to conduct a Tutorial in Wireless Viate International Conference Feb 28, 2011
- Tutorial during ICEICE Conference in MBM college Jodhpur March 28-29,2011
- Invited to be a session chair in PIERS 2013 Symposium, Taipei, Taiwan
- Bharat Jyoti Award
Click here to view complete list of publications.
- MHRD projects in MICS and Optical Fibres with a financial outlay of Rs.30 lakhs have been successfully completed.
- MHRD - AICITE project on Microwave Integrated Circuits (CPW)
- Co-Coordinator for RF MEMS project.
- Plan Fund (Rs 40 Lacs) for modernisation of Microwave Lab.
Click here to view the list of Ph.D. students guided.
Professional Society Membership
- SENIOR MEMBER IEEE(SM)
MICROWAVE THEORY AND TECHNIQUES SOCIETY(MTT)
ENGINEERING IN MEDICINE BIOLOGY SOCIETY (EMBS)
FELLOW IN INSTITUTION OF ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERS.(FIETE)
LIFE MEMBER IN INDIAN SOCIEY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION. ISTE(LM)
LIFE MEMBER IN INSTITUTE OF SMART STRUCTURES SOCIETY. ISSS(LM)
FELLOW OF INSTITUTION of ENGINEERS,INDIA (Applied on 10/2/06)(FIE)
LIFEMEMBER IN SOCIETY OF ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY ENGINEERS.SEMCE (LM)
LIFE MEMBER IN MATERIAL RESEARCH SOCIETY OF INDIA. MRSI(LM)
LIFE MEMBER IN INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF TEACHERS LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE IATLIS(LM)
LIFE MEMBER IN INDIAN LIBRARY SOCIETY.ILS(LM)
LIFE MEMBER IN NATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY COUNCIL.NPC(LM)
FELLOW IN BROADCAST ENGINEERING SOCIETY INDIA.(BESI)
SENIOR MEMBER IN COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA.(CSI)
LIFE MEMBER INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL INFORMATION.(IAMI)
LIFE MEMBER OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERIG SOCIETY OF INDIA.(BMES)
LIFE MEMBER OF SOCIETY FOR BIOMATERIALS & ARTIFICIAL ORGANS,INDIA.(SBAO)
LIFE MEMBER OF SOCIETY OF TISSUE ENGINEERING AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (STERM)
CHARTED ENGINEERS, INDIA (CE)
MEMBER OF TELEMEDICINE SOCIETY OF INDIA (MTSI)
MEMBER INSTRUMENTATION SOCIETY OF INDIA (ISOI)
LIFE MEMBER OF ARCHEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA (ASI)
- TEQIP Sponsored Workshop on “CAD OF MICROWAVES” 27th July to 28th July 2013 in NIT Trichy.
- TEQIP Sponsored Workshop on “TELEMEDICINE” 12th July to 14th July 2013 in NIT Trichy.
AICTE/MHRD Sponsored FDP on “Recent Trends in
Microwave Integrated Circuits” 13th July to 17th July 2010, in NIT, Trichy.
- Workshop on Telemedicine, September 27th, 2008, in NIT Trichy.
- 'Special topics in Microwaves' under TEQIP, NIT Trichy during 18th-19th December '07.
- 'MIC Components – Design Layout and Fabrication – An Introduction' under TEQIP, NIT Trichy on 7th October '06.
- 'Future Libraries and Information Centers in Digital Era' sponsored by Central Library, NIT Trichy on 16th July '05.
- 'Books & Learning Resources Exhibition' sponsored by Central Library, NIT Trichy during 19th-21st October '05.
- Chaired many International and National level conferences on Microwave Engineering and Millimeter wave integrated circuits.
- Chairman /Hospital Modernization committee for 3 years - "Planned and Established 24 HOUR Hospital".
- Coordinator / Library for 9 months –"Instrumental for the NEW Multi storey LIBRARY DESIGN and PLAN".
- Active Member for 5 years – Estate welfare committee
- Active Member for one year Ambulance purchase committee
- Active Member for one year Student Council Association
- Member - Accreditation Committee
- Senate Member in two universities
- Served as President and Joint Secretary of Regional Engineering College Faculty Association for three years.
Electronics and Communication Engineering Department,
NIT Tiruchirappalli -620015