- B.Arch, Mangalore University, Manipal Institute of Technology
- M.Arch, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture from May 1999, till date.
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture with PERIYAR MANIAMMAI COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY FOR WOMEN – THANJAVUR from August 1997 to April 1999
- Architect with M/s. Vadivam, Chennai – 1995 – 1997.
- Architect with M/s. Adhiparasakthi Associates, Tanjore – 4 months in 1995.
- Interior Design of Department of Training & Placement
- Refurbishing - A2 hall
- Obtained the grant of Rs.9.0 lakhs under MODROBS 2002-2003, for Project “Advanced Architectural Design Computing Media Laboratory” and served as its Project Coordinator.
- Instrumental in establishing computer Laboratory in the Department of Architecture.
- Assisted in the Preparation of Annual Plan Reports by Submitting Proposals for Augmenting Computer Facilities.
- In-Charge of Computer Laboratories and Facilities in the Department of Architecture.
- Organized Autodesk REVIT Training Workshop for Faculty of Department of Architecture in May 2008.
- Designed many interior projects for NIT, Trichy ( Training and placement, A2 hall Refurbishment etc.)
- Principal Designer of Computer support group annex building & PG lecture hall complex for National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (on-going project)
- Member of Quality Assurance Committee for Estate Maintenance – Institute Zone (March 2007 to April 2008)
- Member of Estate Works & Maintenance committee – Institute Zone ( from 5th May 2008)
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL CONFERENCE ATTENDED
- Attended an International symposium on Studies on Historical Heritage at Antalya, Turkey from September 17th to 21st 2007
- P.Gopalakrishnan and Dr.Pushplata, “Enhancing the imageability of a historical city core in the process of urban regeneration - A case study of Thanjavur" Proceedings of the international Symposium on Studies on Historical Heritage, September 17-21, 2007, Antalya, Turkey, pp. 245 -352
- P.Gopalakrishnan, “Strategies for Revitalizing the historic core for Promoting Heritage Tourism – A case study of Thanjavur”, Proceedings of the National Conference on Tourism and Architecture, September 20 -22, 2007, Madurai, India, pp.156 -165.
Research interests are directed primarily toward historic environment research in a variety of interrelated areas
- Study of visual aspects of historic towns of Tamil Nadu
- Urban regeneration and conservation in historic towns in the context of JNURM
- Imageablitiy and historic environment
- ARCHITECTURAL GRAPHICS
- COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN ARCHITECTURE
- URBAN DESIGN
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)
Department of Architecture
NIT Trichy -620015